Third-Party MIDI Spec

There currently is no way without using the client/server set/get stuff but you don't want to go down that path. I'll look into modifying or adding a way to set the tempo directly.

Would love to see the ability to set tempo via MIDI. I currently have several copies of the same preset, just with different tempos for each song we are doing as they are all preset tempos and to a click. Then use iPad to change presets for each song.

I've noticed the Query Scene Name response doesn't include the scene number. It would be very useful to include that.
The same comment applies to Query Preset Name... (but obviously preset number)

@FractalAudio I found a bug in the new Get Tempo sysex:

Sending the get request (F0 00 01 74 10 14 7F 7F 01 F7) actually sets maximum tempo 250 bpm, and of course always returns this tempo (F0 00 01 74 10 14 7A 01 7A F7) - I have my tempo set as GLOBAL, in case that makes a difference.

Set tempo works fine!

Last edited:
Can somebody explain how to get the cs (checksum) number? I want to try to send sysex from my GT16 to the Axe.

@FractalAudio I found a bug in the new Get Tempo sysex:

Sending the get request (F0 00 01 74 10 14 7F 7F 01 F7) actually sets maximum tempo 250 bpm, and of course always returns this tempo (F0 00 01 74 10 14 7A 01 7A F7) - I have my tempo set as GLOBAL, in case that makes a difference.

Set tempo works fine!
This has been fixed for the upcoming release.

Check out my post. I include a link to download my Excel spreadsheet to calculate the Checksum

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-bit-midi-bytes-ls-first.142538/#post-1687397

Thank you for the information.

Here is the Arduino code that I use for calculating the checksum when sending data from a rotary encoder to the Axe-FX:

Code:
void CalculateChecksum (void) {

for(i=0 ; i < sizeof(sysexArray)-1; i++){
              temp = temp ^ sysexArray[i]; // XOR all the byte values from the star to the second last byte
      }
   calculated_cksum = (temp & 0x7F);      //add the End of Sysex byte 0x7F
}

Back
Top Bottom