AXE FX III - still made in USA ?

hi ... very much looking forward to getting myself the third edition. Was wondering are these still made in the USA ? I heard they were made in China to keep costs down. It’s not a deal breaker but I’m hoping the parts will still be archival quality like previous models...

Thanks

Cliff, one of the limitations I have had with the Axe II, was that I wanted to use the 2nd ins/outs as a stereo effects loop. Therefore, I could not create patches where the XLR outs contained cab sims for straight to FOH, and another set of outs (possibly 1/4") could feed an onstage powered cab, without cab sims contained in that signal path.

Axe III appears to accomplish that set up easily, yes?

Cliff, one of the limitations I have had with the Axe II, was that I wanted to use the 2nd ins/outs as a stereo effects loop. Therefore, I could not create patches where the XLR outs contained cab sims for straight to FOH, and another set of outs (possibly 1/4") could feed an onstage powered cab, without cab sims contained in that signal path.

Yes. Easily. And you still have two stereo loops left.

Yes. Easily. And you still have two stereo loops left.

So, you can input guitar, have 2 stereo loops, and output XLR with cab sims, and set up the 2 stereo loops as "pre-amp" and "post-amp" for instance, in one preset? (this is a different setup than the one I previously asked about) - a preset with 2 effects loops inserted into the chain?

Now I feel like I've spoken and been heard. Everytime I ordered something, I asked for 2 effects loops assignable within one preset, and I also asked for 2 amp blocks at full resolution, so I could use the inverse muting technique with a controller attached, for seamless amp switching at full resolution. Channels does that and more.

Can you tell me whether you are allowing controllers to attach to more amp parameters - such as Cut and Fat, for instance on this unit?

I thought you'd get frustrated with the limitations of MIDI to 127 CC's and invent a new SuperMidi standard to get with the 90's.... So, maybe by sharing CC's and dictating what you are controlling via a value, being sent, you could jam a lot more versatility into that old standard?

You can already currently do this with the Axe Fx2.

I run a feed direct to FOH w/cab sims as well as a feed to a power amp and cab, and still have the Fx Loop free for external devices.The only caveat is you have to sacrifice stereo. If you can handle playing mono then this will work for you.

I can share a patch if you like. But essentially it is this: the signal to my Cab block is split in parallel just prior to the Cab block (it is also the last item in the signal chain). In the parallel chain I put volume/pan block. I pan the Cab to the left and the Volume/Panner to the right. This allows me to send Output 1 L XLR to the desk and R unbalanced jack from Output 1 to the power amp.

This is sending the Cab sim out through the Left XLR and no cab Sim through the Right unbalanced out. You now have freed up your stereo Fx Loop for external devices. I hope I explained this ok.

Back
Top Bottom