Axe FX III Spdif Connection Questions?

Yes

I'm not sure what this question means, sorry. Can you please clarify?
Focusrite control panel has some settings. input section on there you can add more inputs. Should i add spdif input via Focusrite control panel, or does it even matter because one spdif it does not need that.

Focusrite control panel has some settings. input section on there you can add more inputs. Should i add spdif input via Focusrite control panel, or does it even matter because one spdif it does not need that.
Ahh, ok. Thanks for clarifying. I'm not very familiar with using Focusrite as an interface (I have one, but not as an interface, I'm using it as a standalone analog <-> ADAT converter). I think to get the SPDIF input into your DAW you don't need to set anything up special, it should already be routed to the appropriate channels (from what I can tell from their docs). However, if you want to direct monitor via hardware (I.e. without going via your DAW) then GlennO's advice is true.

Whether you want to hardware monitor is personal preference. Personally, I monitor everything via my DAW because the latency is low enough and it simplifies my setup. I can record, monitor and playback in any combination all via DAW control without changing hardware device settings - and I much prefer that workflow. But, again, that's down to personal preference.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for clarifying. I'm not very familiar with using Focusrite as an interface (I have one, but not as an interface, I'm using it as a standalone analog <-> ADAT converter). I think to get the SPDIF input into your DAW you don't need to set anything up special, it should already be routed to the appropriate channels (from what I can tell from their docs). However, if you want to direct monitor via hardware (I.e. without going via your DAW) then GlennO's advice is true.

Whether you want to hardware monitor is personal preference. Personally, I monitor everything via my DAW because the latency is low enough and it simplifies my setup. I can record, monitor and playback in any combination all via DAW control without changing hardware device settings - and I much prefer that workflow. But, again, that's down to personal preference.
Good tips thanks for those as well

Ok good to know.
I'll mention one other thing: using an Axe-FX in conjunction with an audio interface via spdif is a relatively advanced setup. Compared to using usb it means you'll need to deal with more gear, connections, and complexity. There are many situations where using spdif is appropriate, but it's probably a good idea to first ask yourself if you need it. In other words, configuration 5 should probably only be used if you find configurations 1-4 don't meet your needs.

I'll mention one other thing: using an Axe-FX in conjunction with an audio interface via spdif is a relatively advanced setup. Compared to using usb it means you'll need to deal with more gear, connections, and complexity. There are many situations where using spdif is appropriate, but it's probably a good idea to first ask yourself if you need it. In other words, configuration 5 should probably only be used if you find configurations 1-4 don't meet your needs.
Good points i did use older Axe FX II:s whit USB and Analog ways i know those routes, spdif is new for me and i want try that i have new soundcard as well would nice to get some benefits about of that as well.

Back
Top Bottom