Axe-Fx III review in The Guitar magazine

Obviously another product manufacturer has a larger advertising budget with this publication :-O That's how ratings work.

Obviously another product manufacturer has a larger advertising budget with this publication :-O That's how ratings work.
The paradigm all these big publishing entities have known has shifted with the internet. I havent bought a magazine or a physical media 'anything' in prob over 8 years or more. There is still the same junk on the net too and have to filter between the kickback reviewers and honest reviewers. My favs are reviews from owners who bought their own stuff!

9/10 B'S. 11/10.

The paradigm all these big publishing entities have known has shifted with the internet. I havent bought a magazine or a physical media 'anything' in prob over 8 years or more. There is still the same junk on the net too and have to filter between the kickback reviewers and honest reviewers. My favs are reviews from owners who bought their own stuff!

Everyone has a bias. When you purchase an item, it's tough to say "I spent my own money on this and it was a total waste. I made a bad decision." Sometimes that happens, and sometimes a professional reviewer can eliminate their own bias towards an advertiser.

I do like owner reviews, don't get me wrong! But everyone is biased to some degree and you have to factor that into any review.

Everyone has a bias. When you purchase an item, it's tough to say "I spent my own money on this and it was a total waste. I made a bad decision." Sometimes that happens, and sometimes a professional reviewer can eliminate their own bias towards an advertiser.

I do like owner reviews, don't get me wrong! But everyone is biased to some degree and you have to factor that into any review.
Thats a very good point it's up to us to filter through what is real.

It goes both ways. I'm into Jeeps, so on a few of those forums as well. The first thing you have to filter is that _most_ people only buy one of something, and have little to reference their purchase against. "It's the greatest", but really can't tell you why. After that, everything is amazing, or sucks really bad if they had a problem with it. Most of the owners that are in the middle you never hear from.

Back
Top Bottom