Axe-Fx III rebooted while playing

Agreed as well, but I also was not trying to solve for the regulation of voltage. I was attempting to solve for making it easy to read the current voltage of any plug that you place your gear into. With the brown out limitation, a device like this could help troubleshoot your issue quickly stating "ah, it's only at 111V and I need 114V minimum to run the AFX III".

Nuh wut I sayin' neow bruh?
The OP is experiencing reboots, which may be related to low voltage per Cliff.

You respond to the thread and your advice was to get a unit that would not solve his problem, but would let him see what the voltage is?

Why would anyone interpret your statement as anything other than a recommended solution to the problem being discussed?

As I stated before the only way to prevent the AXE FX from rebooting or shutting off, due to power irregularities, is by using an uninterruptible power supply, (battery backup device). An APC Smart-UPS SC450RM1U is perfect for a rack mount unit. There are other stand alone units that could be used in a studio. No need to go big, because if there is a total blackout, due to power failure, all the FOH power amps will go down.
In Florida, I use one on the AXE and the Mida M32 board for every live show, because we never know when we're going to have brownouts.

I’m using an APC, it was almost hundred bucks
Hope that’s enough because if I’m going to buy the FC6, I can’t buy another thing

Btw, did some people already get the FC6/12? Or did I read that wrong?

I just experienced my AxeIII rebooting.

3 times in an hour.

I just upgraded to the latest 16 beta
Will see how it goes tomorrow

(I did not use it at all in the prior fw till just tonight.)

Okay, I will replace my power chord. Maybe that is faulty. Thank you so much for replying!
My band bought a voltage regulator after we had PA problems at a gig. I highly recommend if you are gigging. House power can often be problematic and digital gear is especially susceptible.

Here in Costa Rica it is not uncommon to have power fluctuations 4-5 in a row, several times a day. I use 2 battery backups in my studio to keep things on. When I host the jam night I use one for my whole system PA etc that will power couple minutes if I’m lucky. But those 4-5 power drops just mess up electronics. Lost a mixer and my old Mac Pro. But if it’s a concern a battery backup will aid. If it happens, realize the main system will also be rebooting.
yes moving to Costa Rica I’ve had to lessen my acceptance of electric codes….

Played on a trailer stage ran off generators back in the day and my ADA preamp kept power cycling due to power fluctuations. Really sucked! I have a power conditioner now and always.

Back
Top Bottom