Axe-Fx III Problem....

Rain

Fractal Fanatic
Hello all.... hoping someone can chime in...
I have an Axe FX III. Everything has been working perfectly since I received it in April.. I was using it last night and everything was working great. Just turned it on now and the Front Instrument Input isn't working also the Headphone Jack isn't working either. I have no sound with the headphones from the Front Guitar Input or USB Sound with my MacBook. If I plug into the Rear Input and Plug my Headphones into the Output 1 it works. I have an Important show this Sunday. I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

Long time Fractal user Firmware 2.03..

Does anyone have any ideas...? Could it be a loose cable ?

Loose cable. There's a small ribbon cable between the front panel board and the mainboard.
Ok I tried that, the cable looked loose....
The Front Input is now showing a signal. I hear the Guitar and the USB but the sound level is extremely low.... The only way I hear anything now is if I turn the Output 1 knob all the way up and turn the Amp on on my Blue Mo-Fi Headphones all the way up, and it’s not that loud.

There are no monitors connected to the Axe FX III.
Headphones are working on other devices perfectly.

Last edited:
Ok I tried that, the cable looked loose....
The Front Input is now showing a signal. I hear the Guitar and the USB but the sound level is extremely low.... The only way I hear anything now is if I turn the Output 1 knob all the way up and turn the Amp on on my Blue Mo-Fi Headphones all the way up, and it’s not that loud.
Completely disconnect both ends of the ribbon cable, and then reseat them.

Hope its a quick fix! Threads like these make me having minor heart attacks every time I turn on my machine, bought 2nd hand and millions of miles from any kind of support... :D

Hope its a quick fix! Threads like these make me having minor heart attacks every time I turn on my machine, bought 2nd hand and millions of miles from any kind of support... :D
If it's any comfort, this is a rare issue, and it's the first time I've heard of it not responding to a cable reseat.

If it's any comfort, this is a rare issue, and it's the first time I've heard of it not responding to a cable reseat.
Thanks, I understand that... it’s just really bad timing... I have rehearsals this week and a Show on Sunday....
I’m glad are schedule just ligtened up a little till after the Holidays... we had a Big Show last week thank God it didn’t happen that night.
I’m going to have to bring a Back-Up from now on I guess..

Sure, still nerve-wrecking to ready about these cases. On the good side, I should be fairly close to the factory, so perhaps I can nick a few parts ;)

Always use a backup. Anything and everything will fail. I will work 100 times and then on the 101st time, poof!

Back
Top Bottom