Axe-Fx III pricing - What is going on?

Keep in mind that each Kemper, Helix, etc., unit sold includes a significant margin of profit for the retailer. Fractal sells direct to consumer. I think it’s apparent that the quality and durability of Fractal products wouldn’t be possible if there was a retail middle man. $1999 in comparison to the other units seems like a bargain - because it is.

Which is still about a grand more than the US prices. 2600€ is about 2900usd.
You cannot compare one price with VAT to one price without VAT.
The price at G66 is 2184€ + VAT.
The 2184€ includes shipping to EU, 3 years warranty, 30 days return policy and customs fee.

If you do the math, you will find that it will cost pretty much exactly the same to import one from USA to EU or buy one from G66.

Definitely, the problem is what constitutes "early". I felt like I waited a good long time.

Well, I bought my II long after the II Mk.I, MK. II and XL had been supplanted by the XL+. And there was STILL a price drop to come just prior to the release of the III. Well, in the US that is. Europeans always have to pay top Euros.

It is like it is...
Don't forget that the EU Price includes the extended warranty which is additional $249.99

I'll take my chances without that warranty and just have the usual 2 years, as mandated by EU law. I'd like to have that option. As it should be on a free market.

VAT is included in that price.

Even with VAT I could still save hundreds of Euros if only Fractal were to sell to me directly. It would be nice to have that option to partake in all the sweet deals Americans get.

Keep in mind that each Kemper, Helix, etc., unit sold includes a significant margin of profit for the retailer. Fractal sells direct to consumer. I think it’s apparent that the quality and durability of Fractal products wouldn’t be possible if there was a retail middle man. $1999 in comparison to the other units seems like a bargain - because it is.

And that's where the problem is for us Europeans. Fractal doesn't sell directly to us and there is only one retail middle man for all of Europe. We're dealing with a kind of monopoly and thus have to pay kind of monopoly prices. It would be nice if there were multiple retailers in Europe. Maybe the UK will get one once Brexit is finalized.

You cannot compare one price with VAT to one price without VAT.
The price at G66 is 2184€ + VAT.
The 2184€ includes shipping to EU, 3 years warranty, 30 days return policy and customs fee.

If you do the math, you will find that it will cost pretty much exactly the same to import one from USA to EU or buy one from G66.

I HAVE done the math. It's cheaper to import from the US directly. And as I said, I'll take my chances without the 3 year warranty.

How much is the customs fee for shipping a product like Axe Fx 3 to EU?
Anyway, even at ~$2900 EU people are still better off than people in Japan or India.
Here in India Axe Fx 3 costs $3500 for only 1 year of warranty; and that price is after a ~12% discount. Helix LT, surprisingly, costs a few dollars less than sweetwater's price here. smh

It depends on the country.
In Germany it's 19% VAT and approx 4% customs (also on the shipping costs). You also pay a few € processing fee.
Assuming the price incl. shipping is $2100 you pay additional $500!

Hey, nobody mentioned the free USB cable yet! :p

I keep gasing to buy an FC-6 but I know as soon as I do they'll drop in price or the FM-3 comes with one in a package deal. I think I'll just milk the FM-3 anticipation and watch videos of it till Christmas and get one in the package deal...

FYI: The Axe-FX III Mk2 is now selling for $2,220 only (฿79,000) at the retail shops in Bangkok (reduced from $2,550 - ฿90,000). Slightly lower than the direct price from the Fractal shop.

Considering the price in Europe, UK, Australia and other places outside the US, you could plan your holidays in Thailand and return with the Axe inside your suitcase. You could even ask for a VAT refund 🤠

https://ctmusicshop.com/product/fractal-audio-axe-fx-iii-mkii/
https://www.stringsshop.com/Product/Fractal-Audio-AXE-FX-III-MARK-II

I paid $3,399 on Reverb for my Mk1 shipped to Bangkok in July 2018 (it was not available here until 2020). And I was exceptionally lucky that for some unknown reason I did not pay VAT and Import Duty on arrival, otherwise it would have been around $4,000 😅

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom