Axe-Fx III pricing - What is going on?

I hope they put out an Axe-Fx III "Mark 2", or "XL" or "Ultra" or whatever they wanna call it. Same platform but newer, faster, better somehow.. perhaps in a smaller 2U rack.

Why hope for this? I don't own a III :).

If this happens I could either get in ground floor on the new shiny thing, OR get a great price on a used III when used prices drop.

The cost of technology always goes down over time. I’m surprised this is an issue. Fractal has some inventory to move so they lowered the price AFIII is a mature unit now with lots of competition.

With the price most people (especially north of the border, here) are asking for their III’s, I’m getting closer to just wanting to order a new one and supporting Fractal directly. At $1999 it’s definitely more enticing. B-stocks soon, hopefully! 😁

The cost of technology always goes down over time. I’m surprised this is an issue. Fractal has some inventory to move so they lowered the price AFIII is a mature unit now with lots of competition.

The competition will bring out quality units way less than the €2899 we paid here in Europe

I remember reading in an open and transparent post that fractal negotiated better prices from suppliers. And instead of pocketing the savings, they passed it onto the consumer by lowering the price accordingly. Would you rather have a company that kept their prices high when their overhead went down? or would you rather an open and conscientious company that looks out for their customers first?

I know what I prefer, even if someone else ends up with a better deal than me down the road.

Back
Top Bottom