Axe-Fx III pricing - What is going on?

cander328

Inspired
Is the Axe FX III permanently priced at $1999 or is this a sale? I bought mine when they were $2499 and had hoped that it would not have depreciated by >20% so quickly :oops:

A lower price doesn't really count as depreciation, IMO.

This same model of price reduction has been there for previous Fractal hardware at least since I've been around (6+ years) and isn't uncommon for high end electronics of other kinds.

Ever bought a new model flat screen TV? ;)

i'm honestly surprised it doesn't sell for $3499 US. that's still a deal with all that it does compared to what you'd spend on other amps, interfaces and effects.

i can't see it going much lower than $1999 while it's the main product. there's a lot of value in there, and to just dump the price to get close to other gear doesn't make sense to me.

i'm honestly surprised it doesn't sell for $3499 US. that's still a deal with all that it does compared to what you'd spend on other amps, interfaces and effects.

i can't see it going much lower than $1999 while it's the main product. there's a lot of value in there, and to just dump the price to get close to other gear doesn't make sense to me.

it make sense because at <2.000 the market size is bigger. I agree they could sell it for 3.5 or even 5 grand... it’s a pro equipment used for the greatest bands and musicians around the world. But that market is not very big in a business point of view... if they manage to deliver this to the “masses” the volume difference is huge.

Take me for example... I’m an amateur player with a band that gigs every other weekend... never considered the axe because I couldn’t justify that kind of investment, but at this price I’ve been tempted

I think a lot of people equate rarity prices with saturated prices. In the old days someone could buy an Ultra and keep it for a year and sell at the same price they bought it for, there were just not that many to go around. Same with the II and Ax8's when the availability was scarce.

Add up the values of the newly added flangers, phasers etc. if you had to buy the real ones.
We still made a great deal!

Agree with all points and I do get it. However, in my highly biased opinion, the Axe FX III is in such a different league that it should not be competing on price! Helix Rack $1499, Kemper non-powered rack $1799, Axe FX III $2499 makes sense to me!

Technology moves on and the rival brands will get better and better in the next few years. All retailing at a lower price than fractal.

Obviously Axe-Fx 4 is coming out "soon"! rolf

God, I really hope so. Because then the early adopters will sell their III's like crazy, making them even more cheap. So $1999 now? Has G66 followed or have their complimentary chocolates become even more expensive to make up for that price difference?

I think somebody at Fractal figured out the magic of price points. At $2499 I'm safe from G.A.S., perfectly happy to go along with my Ax8. When I saw $1999 a month ago it started to bug me a little. Fast forward to last week, and here it is on my desk. Couldn't be happier about it, either.

Back
Top Bottom