Axe-Fx III Preset Guide?

deakle

Experienced
I seem to recall that someone had compiled a list/guide of the factory presets in the Axe III. Am I crazy or am I remembering correctly? Can anyone provide a link to that post? Thanks in advance!

I looked at the wiki before posting and could not find it. I may have missed it, but I don't think so. I found Yek's amazing amp and drives guides but no preset guide. I found a list of the factory presets. But what I was remembering was someone put together a guide to the presets explaining what they were, etc.

I looked at the wiki before posting and could not find it. I may have missed it, but I don't think so. I found Yek's amazing amp and drives guides but no preset guide. I found a list of the factory presets. But what I was remembering was someone put together a guide to the presets explaining what they were, etc.

+1

What would be useful alo IMO is knowing what guitar/pickups the presets were made with/setup for. Even if it is fairly basic .e.g. Weak single (coils strat, jazzmaster etc.), strong single coil (P90 etc.), weak humbucker (Filtertron, mini-hum etc), medium Hunbcuker (PAF style), stronger humbucker (e.g. overwound HBs).

You just explained why other peoples presets are usually no use. Now add what you are amplifying it with.
Just use you ears to find and tweak the ones you like.

The list is in the wiki. Without additional notes.
I've been meaning to create a detailed list, and make tutorials to explain the design of some.
But then I drank a couple of beers, and thought: "Why".

I've been meaning to create a detailed list, and make tutorials to explain the design of some.
Thanks @yek! Good point also with the beer comment!

That would be a lot of work, but then again a lot of work went into the presets and even minimal documentation on some of them would make them more accessible and ultimately useful. I can't think of a single factory preset that I have modified to use myself, such as I have with at least a dozen of @austinbuddy 's presets. Not because some of them aren't really good, but because it is time-consuming and random process to go through them.

I increment to the next preset, play it a bit, try the scenes that exist, and either copy it to a "user location" to play and edit, or move on.

What would having someone else's notes make me do differently?

I increment to the next preset, play it a bit, try the scenes that exist, and either copy it to a "user location" to play and edit, or move on.

What would having someone else's notes make me do differently?
Who knows brother! For me, if I had access to these notes I would read through them to find 10-20 presets that interest me as starting points and then use a similar method. Going through 383 presets, let's say you spend 5 minutes on each- that's a banker's hours work-week at a minimum!

I'm not saying this should be someone's priority to document these, but every time I see someone post this question, I see others try to convince them it isn't necessary. Despite our love of Fractal products and guitars, not everyone's "User Story" is going to be the same!

I'll point to AB's presets, organized and named in a way that they are pretty damned self-explanatory.

Who knows brother! For me, if I had access to these notes I would read through them to find 10-20 presets that interest me as starting points and then use a similar method. Going through 383 presets, let's say you spend 5 minutes on each- that's a banker's hours work-week at a minimum!

I'm not saying this should be someone's priority to document these, but every time I see someone post this question, I see others try to convince them it isn't necessary. Despite our love of Fractal products and guitars, not everyone's "User Story" is going to be the same!

I'll point to AB's presets, organized and named in a way that they are pretty damned self-explanatory.
+1

Back
Top Bottom