Axe-Fx III preset conversion from Axe-Fx II?

How do Axe-Fx II presets sound when converted over from the II? Is it better to scrap them? I have a lot of presets that I presently use in my bands with my II.

I converted mine before FracTool supported the III, so it was by hand... But essentially duplicating everything. They sounded similar, but that was also FW 1.x, I think.

Depending on how complex your presets are it is probably worth converting anyway. Worst case you might have to tweak the Amp and Cab blocks.

I've had a couple that didn't even come close to converting right. There was a Dio patch for the II that I had grabbed, as one example. Not having a II, and knowing how it was setup, I just binned it.

I converted mine with Fractool. Worked well.

The inputs and outputs of the III are different so you get different levels into and out of the grid.
You need to reteak at least the noise gate, the envelope follower (if in use) and some presets could need a retweak of the inputs block's output volumes.

When comparing the II and the III side by side you need to equal the volumes by ear. Because of the different levels the knob positions don't match.
Even smallest differences of volume make you think it sounds different, so you can't compare and retweak when the kevels differ.

Back
Top Bottom