Axe-Fx III power conditioner or voltage regulator?

Mine lives next to my Mac desktop so it's plugged into a cyberpower battery backup power supply thing that supposedly protects and conditions power for the mac
...sounds like an ad for shampoo.
I have my normal pedalboard running through it also. When everything's on it's running at about 12% capacity. We get a fair few electrical storms here at times...It gives me about 15 minutes or so to close everything down if we lose supply.

Having multiple pieces that require power in a rack, along with the Axe Fx, for me, having a power conditioner is a must. Even if it’s simply acting as a glorified rack-mountable power bar. Lol Being able to just plug in one cable to power everything is priceless when setting up and tearing down at a gig.

I just ordered a APC Sine Wave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, 1350VA APC Back-UPS Pro (BR1350MS). For home studio it seems like it should be better than nothing. I wonder what Tripplite model others are using that has pure sine wave output?

I just ordered a APC Sine Wave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, 1350VA APC Back-UPS Pro (BR1350MS). For home studio it seems like it should be better than nothing. I wonder what Tripplite model others are using that has pure sine wave output?
APC makes quality UPS units. And it is definitely better than a power conditioner, because of its battery backup feature combined with full surge protection.

I am wondering if there is a device that senses high voltage or current and cuts power quickly enough to protect gear from lightning? I know MOV’s are sacrificial and wear out over time. Does some company make a high joule rated device specifically to divert repeated lightning strikes? Assuming here that you are in a rental space and cant install permanent solution.

I am wondering if there is a device that senses high voltage or current and cuts power quickly enough to protect gear from lightning? I know MOV’s are sacrificial and wear out over time. Does some company make a high joule rated device specifically to divert repeated lightning strikes? Assuming here that you are in a rental space and cant install permanent solution.
in a previous life, when I used to design data centers, the preferred solution was a UPS where the output was permanently attached to the batteries, so that any spikes or drops on the input wouldn't make it through to the equipment your protecting. this means your batteries will wear out faster, but a battery is probably cheaper than the gear you're protecting

Back
Top Bottom