AXE FX III possessed by el mismo diablo ayayay

Raab90

Inspired
Okay so I've had my Axe for about two years now and I haven't had any problems so far, until these last few days where I noticed a few things after updating to fw 12.11. I'll try to be as thorough on my descriptions as possible:

1) Distorted audio playback while playing guitar over Reaper: So I have these songs and I'm practicing a few parts before I record them, however, during playback and while I'm playing over the track, the audio gets horribly distorted as if it was being sampled at 256bits or something. The guitar remains okay, it's just the track that gets distorted. I have to stop it and play it again. Sometimes I have to wait a little.

2) Output 1 knob: The Output 1 knob seems to not do anything in the first few degrees (15 maybe?), past that there's a point where output is audible but jittery, as if if was being gated really hard, then there's a suden jump in volume.

3) Volume Swells: I can notice during audio playback that the volume oscillates slightly. Pressing the Output 1 knob produces drastic changes in the volume.

4) Recto 2 channels: Why does the Recto 2 Red Modern sound darker than the Orange Vintage mode now? I had a preset set up to match my real recto and it was on point, but now the red modern channel is way too dark, when it's supposed to be a lot brighter that the orange vintage channel.

5) Input gate: So I have this modified Cliffs of Dover preset that I like to jam with using an AVRI '64. I tried it today and it sounds it sounds extremely thin and the tele is just battling against the input gate to come through.

I rolled back to fw 12.08 and all of this still happened.

One key thing to note though:

When I updated my Axe to fw 12.11, after the unit was fully updated, I proceeded to update Axe Edit as well. So when I opened Axe Edit, it launched that pop-up window that tells you it has detected a new firmware and Axe Edit needs to be updated. Instead of clicking "OK" right away, I waited until Axe Edit was done reading the unit's new definitions (Since it had just been updated to fw 12.11), and while it was doing so, the unit sorta crashed and booted again. However, instead of fully booting up, it just got the black screen and printed up to the second line and hanged. I had to turn it off and back on, then reinstalled the new firmware and Axe Edit.
Ever since that moment, the unit has been acting strange.

Also, the audio playback issues on reaper were happening from before that failed update session.

Thanks!

Nevermind this, I already fixed it by doing a hard reset.

EDIT:

It seems I was possessed as well. I tried the rectos the ther day and they are dead on as usual. Could blindfold myself in front of the 4x12 and not tell which is which.

What a pleasure this little machine is goddamn. Goddamn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom