Axe-Fx III phasing issues?

I guess i'll remove the ability to convert then...
¯\(ツ)/¯ some people seem to have no issues with it. As the firmware chasm widens between the now-EOL II and the III converting will, understandably, become harder and harder to do and have the outcome sound as expected.

We don’t know what II firmware he was coming from. Or even if FracTool was involved.

FracTool is setting-wise precise, but that doesn't mean it's sound-wise precise as settings and sound correlation change over time.

Last edited:
Not saying the FracTool doesn't work...it did bring all my presets..... just "jumbled" some. But after rebuilding (taking hours...) the new sounds are incredible. I've really dug into the cab block and started adding a left and right room (on 3 and 4) and wowza!

¯\(ツ)/¯ some people seem to have no issues with it. As the firmware chasm widens between the now-EOL II and the III converting will, understandably, become harder and harder to do and have the outcome sound as expected.

We don’t know what II firmware he was coming from. Or even if FracTool was involved.
FracTool was involved..It did great except for the phase stuff.. As in I had a slight stereo chorus on a patch and it made it mono... Some of my patches were fairly involved, so it was a bit overwhelming to hear they didn't transfer correctly. Of course, there is the chance I did something wrong...not discounting that at all. I'm glad the FracTool is working for some. Really handy. I've worked with some of the Fractal team on programming the II, and I think my software was up to date on that machine. I've been in Fractal world for 5-6 years and it's been great for touring.

Fractool is like any tool.... It can make certain jobs easier, and sometimes it might not prove so useful...

Just to drive a screw with a hammer might just be doable, but, trying to pound a nail with a screwdriver is darn near impossible. Just the same, both a hammer and a screwdriver are super useful tools.

I guess i'll remove the ability to convert then...
Definitely do not do that!

I think even if every preset converted still requires adjustment it is much better than manually transferring everything.

Which I had to do... because FracTool wasn't yet available to convert to the III yet :(

The one thing I got from that experience was totally learning the front panel, because Axe Edit also wasn't available yet.

Definitely do not do that!

I think even if every preset converted still requires adjustment it is much better than manually transferring everything.

Which I had to do... because FracTool wasn't yet available to convert to the III yet :(

The one thing I got from that experience was totally learning the front panel, because Axe Edit also wasn't available yet.

Agree!! Try it! The worst that can happen is you can really learn all the deep dark secrets of the Fractal!

Back
Top Bottom