Axe-Fx III - PDF Manual!

Same as X/Y on the II. But this time you can choose.

That's what I thought... I just never realized it (about the II) until now! :rolleyes:

Of course, trying to find it in the II's manual this AyEm was a fruitless task... and it's a well-written manual! Just goes to show how much effort... and skill... has gone into the III's manual in a relatively short time. :D

The manual is awesome, guys. Great work on what I think it the most in depth manual we've seen so far. Just makes me more pumped to get mine ordered. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much.

Thanks guys. I was going crazy last night trying to figure out where the cc commands for the effects were at.

I may at least add a list of the names of all the assignable functions. That's a bit of work, so it needs to follow the blocks.

Congrats on the manual.

This might actually be the first manual I've actually read in years.

I REALLY love the FAQ part of the manual (particularly the ones throughout each chapter). Do you hope to add more of these FAQ in the manual over time?

MAJOR kudos for including a chapter on "Leveling Presets". Does this follow some of the same methodology that AustinBuddy did in his videos?

Do you think it might be possible (over time) to include brief mention of this in the manual?
  • Hooking up two signal guitar (mag/piezo) and/or >1 instrument
  • Quick tutorial on building a preset from scratch
  • Possible inclusion in FAQ about audio artifacts in DAW being caused by not using 48k
  • Are there plans on including any instruction on how to do "Cab Lab" IR mixing within the III?
Thanks,
Brandon

Matt mentioned this was to be included in the manual in the future. i'll be designing a preset for a Mag + Piezo like i did for the AX8, and possibly a multiple guitar preset as well.

Very cool! I actually had you in mind when I wrote that!

Matt mentioned this was to be included in the manual in the future. i'll be designing a preset for a Mag + Piezo like i did for the AX8, and possibly a multiple guitar preset as well.
Currently, I send a dry, and a fuzz in parallel to my Axe2 on input 1, unfortunately, this makes the input gate useless, so I have to have extra stuff in my patches. I also use input 2 for my bassist live, which Is why I can't do it that way. I plan on separating my guitar into in1, and in2, when I get a 3, so I can use the input gates, and save patch room, I'll also be separating my bassist into his own Axe, one way or another as well.

Cool! Looking forward to when you post that version.

This is seriously one of the best manuals I've seen in some time. All of the graphics and images are amazing additions.

I wish there was some way to show visuals on re-amping ... but I guess that would be hard and too DAW specific.

It would be nice to see this as a diagram similar to the previous page (in addition to the patch showing separate rows).

So ... Chris, seems like on the II, the advice was putting electric on front input, and piezo on rear input. These directions suggest both in rear.

Has that changed?

I thought the front input was better for electric signal (but the III might have changed that).

It would be nice to see this as a diagram similar to the previous page (in addition to the patch showing separate rows).

So ... Chris, seems like on the II, the advice was putting electric on front input, and piezo on rear input. These directions suggest both in rear.

Has that changed?

I thought the front input was better for electric signal (but the III might have changed that).
for the III, the Instrument Input (In 1) on the Front is the exact same as the Rear, as discussed in the user manual.

a diagram is not needed as it's not really a "rig setup." the Output devices are going to be what you want them to be, from the previous diagrams - do you use a real cab? FRFR? both? DAW? etc...

for the multi-instrument inputs, you just use the In/Out pairs that you want, connected to the gear you want.

Just nitpicking but it looks like you guys copy/pasted the [ ENH ] block abbreviation into some of the subsequent block section headings. :D

So if I understand correctly, if I were to create a preset and assign all of the controllers exactly as they were in II, I could use that preset as a starting point for any preset I build, then save it as a new preset, and my controller should work exactly as it did on the II for those presets I have created, is that correct?

So if I understand correctly, if I were to create a preset and assign all of the controllers exactly as they were in II, I could use that preset as a starting point for any preset I build, then save it as a new preset, and my controller should work exactly as it did on the II for those presets I have created, is that correct?
What controller? Anything that has an "Axe Fx mode" will not work on the III. You'll need to setup as a generic midi controller.

I know you can't give a "final date" as the manual can always be updated (especially with future updates). But do you have any "approximate" timeframes the manual is hoped to be finished?

I wouldn't mind printing out a copy, but obviously if you feel you will be constantly updating it for the next two months, I would hold off.

What controller? Anything that has an "Axe Fx mode" will not work on the III. You'll need to setup as a generic midi controller.
Sorry, I was using the wrong terminology. I'm already using a generic foot controller. I was talking about setting the assigned MIDI CCs within the preset to the same as they are on the II (for those that correspond) and then using that preset as a template. So those assigned CC numbers should carry over when it is saved as a new preset.

Back
Top Bottom