Axe-Fx III - PDF Manual!

Preset 1 ---hold bank up
Preset 2
Preset 3 ------hold for layout .to get into a stomp /effect on/off
Scene 1 ------hold bank down
Scene 2
Scene 3 ------hold for tuner

for what I have read about customization it appears this is easily possible .

Using the Axe-Fx III front panel, I was able to set the above up easily.

Correct me if i am wrong but I'm not clear if the manual illustrates (in "Setup") the scenario for FRFR & Stereo FOH.

Correct me if i am wrong but I'm not clear if the manual illustrates (in "Setup") the scenario for FRFR & Stereo FOH.

That setup is done, but I had to pull the page at the last minute due to a problem with the drawing not displaying properly for some unknown reason. It also happened to the "Mag + Piezo" setup. These will be back shortly.

The described method is to connect OUT 1 to FRFR and send Out 2 XLRs to FOH. You can either insert OUT 2 blocks in your presets or set OUT 2 to copy OUT 1 globally.

SOME Roland manuals from the 80s were amazing. I believe I am thinking of the GP100, the SDX-330, etc. In fact, these are some of our inspirations for trying to do a good job. We want people to look back and remember a manual that didn't suck.

Last edited:
I’m not complaining or anything, just find it a bit weird to see such praise for something that’s clearly unfinished and is a work in progress.

I don’t mind dealing with work in progress things, but they are what they are.
This feels just like “I don’t mean to insult you, but....”

Do the input gates work differently from the Axe II gate? This part of the manual seems a bit wrong if they gradually attenuate X dB per dB below threshold. The noise would only be 1/4 as loud (as it would be without gate) at one specific input level.

Ratio – This determines how much quieter gated signals will sound when the gate is closed. Think of ratio as the
lower number in a fraction expressing how loud the gated signal will be (.e.g. a ratio of “4” makes gated signals
1/4 as loud). At lower settings, noise is only reduced. At higher settings, it is effectively silenced.

We want people to look back and remember a manual that didn't suck.
Know that the effort doesn’t go unoticed, I think y’all succeed at that admirably. When I first got my AxeFX II, I was really pleased to find the manual to be a super informative and not at all dry/dull/ read. There’s definitely a high standard that all Fractal products have, and I find the manuals to be no different :)

Do the input gates work differently from the Axe II gate? This part of the manual seems a bit wrong if they gradually attenuate X dB per dB below threshold. The noise would only be 1/4 as loud (as it would be without gate) at one specific input level.

They work the same, and the description seems correct to me. It doesn't say anything about "per". Maybe adding two words makes it more clear to you:

Ratio – This determines how much quieter gated signals will sound when the gate is closed. Think of ratio as the
lower number in a fraction expressing how loud the gated signal will be (.e.g. a ratio of “4” makes gated signals
1/4 as loud). At lower Ratio settings, noise is only reduced. At higher Ratio settings, it is effectively silenced.

They work the same, and the description seems correct to me. It doesn't say anything about "per". Maybe adding two words makes it more clear to you:

1/4 as loud). At lower Ratio settings, noise is only reduced. At higher Ratio settings, it is effectively silenced.

It still seems misleading to me. As the signal falls below threshold there's some point where the gate makes it 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc. (pick any fraction between 0 and 1) as loud with any ratio setting above 1. The ratio determines how close to the threshold any given fraction would be reached i.e. the steepness of the attenuation slope.

SOME Roland manuals from the 80s were amazing. I believe I am thinking of the GP100, the SDX-330, etc. In fact, these are some of our inspirations for trying to do a good job. We want people to look back and remember a manual that didn't suck.
Yes. The GP-100 manual was clear, comprehensive, and easy to read. Fractal’s manuals (thank you, @Admin M@ !) continue that tradition and build on it. There’s a narrative, not just a collection of details. And there are fun parts, too. :)

100% agree, very informative link. I also like that Yek’s Amp Guide got officially mentioned in the manual for being the best resource for info on the amp models.

In AxeFx2 land, I found Yek's Amp Guide work to be interesting and invaluable. I was reading the new manual today and also noted the "shout out" to Yek. This is a ground breaking, world class product that references the work done by a community member in it's documentation. To me, this really says something!

8j1jq2.jpg

I've been hoping for a list of amp models and cab IR's that are included so I have something (more) to look for forward to while waiting for the EU release.
I guess I have to wait until the wiki is updated then.

I've been hoping for a list of amp models and cab IR's that are included so I have something (more) to look for forward to while waiting for the EU release.
I guess I have to wait until the wiki is updated then.

AFAIK amp models are the same as the II's. There's an additional Friedman BE type, which models the C45 switch on the real amp.

The list of cabs will be added to the wiki. Maybe even today, time permitting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom