Axe-Fx III patch automation in reaper.

Jonathan Gogoi

So, its been a while since I got the Axe-Fx III and I figured out how to automate the patch change between the presets in REAPER, but the problem lies here, I wasn't able to automate the scene change. Any help would be appreciated. (Also, I encountered a problem of latency during the patch change, is there a way to fix that?)

So, its been a while since I got the Axe-Fx III and I figured out how to automate the patch change between the presets in REAPER, but the problem lies here, I wasn't able to automate the scene change. Any help would be appreciated. (Also, I encountered a problem of latency during the patch change, is there a way to fix that?)

For latency, make sure axe edit is not open, or if it is, pause it. For scene change, make sure to configure the midi value for Scene Select under Setup/Midi Remote/Other. Common value is 34 which is from the preconfigured value the AxeFx II shipped with. Now you can send midi 34 and value 00 thru 07 to change scenes. 00 - scene 1, 01 - scene 2 and so on. The manual also lists a full table of values that can be used.

For latency, make sure axe edit is not open, or if it is, pause it. For scene change, make sure to configure the midi value for Scene Select under Setup/Midi Remote/Other. Common value is 34 which is from the preconfigured value the AxeFx II shipped with. Now you can send midi 34 and value 00 thru 07 to change scenes. 00 - scene 1, 01 - scene 2 and so on. The manual also lists a full table of values that can be used.
Thanks a lot for this info, it surely helped my way across this hurdle.

Last edited:
I automated scene changes for learning Overture 1928. Switching to the lead sounds was a bit of a challenge.
So I recorded the transitions, looped them and then nudged the midi commands around until it sounded seamless.

Back
Top Bottom