Axe-Fx III output phase

Tonic

Inspired
Hi!
On my Two Rock amps, the speaker polarity is reversed.
So if I use a normal speaker cable, the sound is hollow and it lacks some punch and bass.
The attack is weird too, it feels like "the sound stay in the speaker"

I have Always had a weird feeling with my Axe FX III, the same feeling than with bad polarity on a real amp.

yesterday I have tried to reverse the phase in the output section.
The difference was really obvious, better attack, less hollow sound and it feels way better.
On recordings I often hear the same thing.
I have tried with headphones, FRFR monitors and power amp + 212 with V30 (without bloc cab)and I Always hear the weird phase thing.
When I revert the phase, it's way better.
So it's not cables or speakers because I'm hearing it on all my different setups (and on a lot of recordings)

Is it normal?
Or this is a bug?

Thanks

The Axe-Fx III does not invert the phase. Perhaps another component in your system is inverting it.

Hi Cliff, thanks for your reply.

I have checked with several system:

• Headphone and several guitar jacks
  • FRFR with Adam monitors or floor monitors
  • Guitar cab with power amp SS

I have checked cables and I Always have the weird phase feeling.
I also hear it a lot on recordings on YouTube too.
It sounds clearer and punchier with the phase reverse on output section.

No problem, I can leave it on reverse but I just want to know if it's normal to have this weird feeling with it

Hi Yek,

Yes it's in the I/O on output 1 i'm on the reverse setting to sound right to me.

It sounds clearer and punchier with the phase reverse on output section.

No direct with headphones or FRFR or power amp + cab systems.
No USB, no FC connected.
But I'm hearing it on recordings from other people too ;)
It's like a light phaser ON and it make the attack weird and less punch than "in phase" sound.

I really prefer the reverse setting on the Axe, it makes the same effect than my Two Rock amp in phase.

Back
Top Bottom