Axe-Fx III not seen by PC ... I read and tried everything ... no working

Dannexus

Hi all,glad to be here.As the title said I encounter a problem 4 days ago.My axe 3 stop comunicate with my PC(Dell T7810).I tried to test my axe with another 2 PC`s,a laptop and a desktop and it worked without problem...so the axe 3 is ok.It worked on T7810 too until 4 days ago.The problem start when I plug my phone in another USB port for downloading some photos.Phone was acting like i connect/disconnect(manny times) the USB plug from port,withound touching anything.I pull out the plug of the phone and restart the PC.Since then,when AXE is not connected,PC seems working fine(no problem detected...i tried few troubleshooters and diagnostic programs..even DELL Support test...it seems the PC and drivers are allright and updated.When I plug the AXE,it is not recognised by Windows...sometimes it apears code 10 error...sometimes code 43 error........i tried with another PCI-USB 3.0 adaptor...still not workink....i tried even with a separate bus powered usb-hub...still not working.At some points,I start the driver (FASUSBAudio Control Panel)and it see the axe ...but shows "No valid sample rate"...and still not working...Also sometimes after manny attempts ,when Device Manager shows that axe is ok and driver ok...when I start Axe-Edit the green button is litted but is stucking on Communicating...Please wait!...And an error msg apear:Communication time-out:Unable to complete:Query device version:query_sys_info...Today I plug in an USB port one 8G usb stick and everithing was ok until i power up the axe3,wich was conected on another port(and was not seen by Device manager)...when axe start the usb stick disapear too...I also make 2 movies with this strange behavior...It act like AXE draw power from usb port and the stick remains without power
I also tried with a clean windows installed on this computer,but on another SSD....still not worked.
I observed that on the lapton after the FASUSB driver installation,when i power-up the axe,it connects on w-updates and is installing another 2 drivers....Never hapend on my T7810 since the problem apear.

I will try another power supply on weekend...Is the last ideea that remained to test...Further..I dont have any idee what to do next...Any advice are wellcome.

Maybe reïnstalling all current FAS usb drivers / software will help? Assuming it's a Windows PC.
You checked whether the usb port is OK? No terminals bent?

Yeah probably the driver. I had the same prob. Every time I had plugged in a certain device the driver was gone...

Sounds like you fried something inside your PC.
I`m affraid of that....but....this hapend only with AXE....I have a MOTU 896MKIII Hybrid and when i connect it in the same USB port....it works fine...Only with axe3 is hapend that crazy thing...could be some registry affected...but I dont know where to look...

How long is the USB cable you are using? Longer cables cause more voltage drop. If the power supply voltages in your PC are borderline, a long cable might be causing too much of a voltage drop.

How long is the USB cable you are using? Longer cables cause more voltage drop. If the power supply voltages in your PC are borderline, a long cable might be causing too much of a voltage drop.
I tried different cables from 40cm to 2 m....the cable i use is working perfect between my axe and another PC or laptop...just on this one T7810(wich i use as my studio PC is not working)...i also tried to fill my all usb ports with memory sticks and external drives....PC work as it should...but when i connect the axe ..all i have on usb ports dissapear and reapear very fast....after 10-20 seconds my icons on the screen start flickering all at once....i mesured voltage on one of my usb stick and shows 5.1 volts wich is ok....i made a movie too with what hapend...dont know if i can post it here...

Last edited:
You don't by chance have any cute furry big eared pets that you've been feeding after midnight...

intro-1570566027.jpg

Have you tried using your axe 3 on another computer to see if it behaves the same way? I think something may be up with your computer.

So I found something interesting.....my main sound interface,MOTU 896MK3 wich is connected through firewire(with PCIe to FW adapter) is entering in conflict with AXE.When I powerdown the MOTU...axe 3 is working without other problems....Here come the interesting thing:

I have another sound interface MOTU(896mk3 HYBRID)wich is on usb and firewire...and when i connect it on USB along with AXE...all perfect....And both MOTU sharing same driver ....The one on FWire make troubles,the USB one,dont....

Problem update:the issue is for sure between AXE and MOTU...axe is on USB connection and MOTU on PCIe to Wirewire....I uninstaled MOTU drivers...in device manager shows Unknown device...and still axe 3 dont show...only when I power-down the Motu,AXE is workink ...It seems that MOTU override AXE path connection to Dev-manager...like they sharing the same entry....any ideea what to do?

Problem update:the issue is for sure between AXE and MOTU...axe is on USB connection and MOTU on PCIe to Wirewire....I uninstaled MOTU drivers...in device manager shows Unknown device...and still axe 3 dont show...only when I power-down the Motu,AXE is workink ...It seems that MOTU override AXE path connection to Dev-manager...like they sharing the same entry....any ideea what to do?

If your motherboard has 2 PCIe slots, you might try putting the MOTU in the other slot.

Hmmm...Is not the exact answer I expected from you(I was expected for some more support for a 3000k $ unit)....MOTU didnt update driver for this interface from 2015....Both units worked togheter ...I install the lasts updates for axe3 and for axe-edit ..and works for 2 -3 days and after that was hapend the issue that I described ....I`m not saying that last updates are the problem..Just describe all the facts...

Back
Top Bottom