Axe-Fx III Noise

...and is it the scale of the noisegate only or is signal in the internal path 20db louder?

Maybe that's a question for Cliff to answer, but I can tell you this: I posted a similar question in another thread. The reason why I asked that question is because I had recreated all of my patches on the III that I had on the II. Every single setting was exactly the same in every single block, and all of my patches sounded as exactly as expected, except that I needed to use a different setting for the threshold on the noise gate. I needed to change that by exactly 20db in order to yield the same result. Cliff chimed in and said that would be exactly as expected since there was a 20db offset on the III. He didn't give any further explanation. But I will reiterate that the threshold on the noise gate was the only thing I had to change when converting the patches from the II to the III. So for anyone who notices a different behavior on that block between the II and III, it's normal, and it's not an indication of something wrong, which is what the OP was asking, as well as what I asked in the other thread.

Ok. I did copy all my presets too.

Besides the noise gate, I also noticed more distortion and I also had to lower the envelope followers gain, to get the auto wah working right again since it always stayed at the high frequencies.

My own conclusion is, that there is a louder signal in the internal path, but I can't say how much louder it is.

Besides the noise gate, I also noticed more distortion and I also had to lower the envelope followers gain

I did not notice any difference in distortion, other than a slight difference due to the modeling between the two units. At the time I rebuilt my patches, the II hadn't had it's firmware update yet. However, I did have to do some tweaking with the patch that has the envelope in it, so it's interesting that you mention it. I was reworking a few things in that particular patch anyway since I was rebuilding it and hadn't really thought much of it. But now I'm curious to see what I did differently in that one.

Well, that's weird, that you had the right gain at once and I had to retweak it.
I converted my presets with fractool, then verfied some by hand. They seemed correct.
One odd translation was that the discontinued charakter parameters got translated into input eq parameters, I don't know if that's right. But it didn't matter much, since I had very low settings if anything at all there.
Maybe it's the compressor blocks? I have a inverse solo dallas kind of compressor sequence before the amp block in many presets and the impact of the compressors felt different.

Back
Top Bottom