Axe-Fx III Noise

oldstar1975

Inspired
Hi to everyone! I want to ask you - How noisy your unit is? I mean that I usually setting threshold for middle to hi gain amps about noon in the input block, but in the previous Axe XL+ it was noticeable not so high, I sat the input gate about -60-70 db. Actually it sound normal, gate not noticeable, but interesting..

Hi to everyone! I want to ask you - How noisy your unit is? I mean that I usually setting threshold for middle to hi gain amps about noon in the input block, but in the previous Axe XL+ it was noticeable not so high, I sat the input gate about -60-70 db. Actually it sound normal, gate not noticeable, but interesting..
I don't typically use the noise gate... But I recall reading that the Axe Fx III noise gate is different than the Axe Fx II. I think it's a difference of 20db, but I might be wrong...

If it's the same guitar in the same environment, you're probably using more gain.

See the previous post by Fro...
Okay, I misread the OP. I thought he was saying he didn't need a noise gate previously. That would have indicated an increase in noise as opposed to a changed offset. However, since that's not the case... :)

next question - I see the noticeable difference between inputs. Input 1 have less noise, Input 3 is a little more, and input 2 MUCH more. I must set the threshold about -35 to cut it. No cables, just cell amp and empty input jacks. Is it normal?

Input 2 is different. It is noisy without a cable to allow other features. Don’t use it on the grid if you don’t have a cable plugged in.

Generally speaking, don’t use an input on the grid if you aren’t using it. This test doesn’t really show anything useful.

Input 2 is different. It is noisy without a cable to allow other features. Don’t use it on the grid if you don’t have a cable plugged in.

Generally speaking, don’t use an input on the grid if you aren’t using it. This test doesn’t really show anything useful.
Thank you. I'm configuration the setup to use two wireless systems, so I need to use at least two inputs in the grid. nd I hear that input 23 sound with wireless receiver better then 1. Is it possible? Which way to connect wireless is the best? And I must keep in mind, that then I play wired to input 1, input 2 and 3 must be silent.. I stuck.

Why not use the rear input 1 for the wireless? When you plug into the front, it will automatically bypass the rear.

Reactions: Rex
I decided to use inputs 1 and 2, and use two cables in two guitars for the repetitions to cut the noise. On the stage I just roll of the volume of the guitar and switch to another.

What does that mean: 20db offset?

I noticed that the signal coming in is louder in the III than in II when I compared both units side by side. So I lowered the volume in the first block by 6db, when there is an amp block in the grid or by 20db when there is no amp block in the grid.

Can you say the signal entering the grid is 20db louder in the III, but the amp blocks gain setting starts 14db lower?

What does that mean: 20db offset?

I noticed that the signal coming in is louder in the III than in II when I compared both units side by side. So I lowered the volume in the first block by 6db, when there is an amp block in the grid or by 20db when there is no amp block in the grid.

Can you say the signal entering the grid is 20db louder in the III, but the amp blocks gain setting starts 14db lower?
The noise gate threshold is different by 20db...

Back
Top Bottom