Axe-Fx III -> Neural DSP or Amplitube 5! Love it!

mkbigmoz

So my signal chain will go from my Axe into Neural DSP like Plini or Amplitube and I'm LOVING the tones I'm getting. For the Axe I go from input->compressor->Distortion->Amp->output. I will use VSTs for other distortions/effects on top and use their cabs. If you focus on cleaning up the signal to noise ratio in your axe-fx, you will have some fantastic sounds by the end. To me, I have gotten significantly better sounds than if I was to use just the axe or just vsts. Has anyone else used this method?

Depending on which Neural plug-in you’re using, you may be able to extract the cabinets from the application files and import them into your Axe. I know the IRs that are built into Cali are readily accessible.

I can’t say I’ve done this because it just seems like a lot of setup for little reward. I’ve never found the “anything” in the Axe to be lacking compared to whatever else I have in my collection.

An engineer I was working with on a CD was raving about his Neural plugins. I sent him a direct to board clean guitar tone, he processed it, sent it back, I loaded up the Savage 2 amp block and Tonematch block in my AFX3 and cloned the tone. It was almost identical. What a great time to be alive!

My stuff is on the heavier end of things-kind of along the lines of Scar Symmetry or something. I grew up on bands like RacerX and Cacophony so there is a lot of obnoxious guitar harmony stuff going on

Back
Top Bottom