Axe-Fx III - My review

I absolutely love the Axe FX III. My many years of tone searching are over at long last! I have finally arrived!

Cliff is a genius!

It's not my imagination - this Axe Fx III sounds way better than the II I used to have. I am more of a plug and play type person than a "tweak and geek" and this thing just nails it. I'm in love!

I have found that I am out of ideas to make my rig better now that I have the Axe FX.

I know...

I'll upgrade a Floyd Rose.

Last edited:
Having the right tone for a song, a good tone, with the right effects is truly inspiring. It makes me want to play. It makes playing fun! I look forward to picking up the guitar. Damn I love the Axe FX III. I purchased some of Moke's Presets...Great! I want more.

Good review. I hate the reviews or even worse rants about how it’s too much money

pay up or shut up... am I right ?

obviously you get it , 5 star for this reviewer

Reactions: J-C
Ordered an EV-1 and a TRS cable - the first upgrade for my Axe. Still having a blast with the axe. You know; the Axe actually makes me play better!

I'll set up the expression pedal for global volume control at first so I won't have to add a vol block for each preset. That's the plan anyway. I'll dive deeper into all that the EV-1 can do later.

Next up, FC-6

It really is the best machine. Diving deeper is a revelation with each preset. I’m truly blown away as well. I tried with Kemper and Helix for 4 years to get a great tone, I used the Axe for an hour and it blew the other competition out of the water. The Axe Fx is An amazing piece of gear!! I’m selling my Kemper, Helix and a bunch of pedals too!!!

I bought my Axe FX III in April when the firmware was on 5.x. Now it's on 11.02 beta 2, has more features and sounds better than the day I bought it.

The Axe FX III truly is the best of the best!

Is there any tone that you can think of, or wish to create, that the Axe FX III can't do?
I haven't found one yet.

I'm truly having a blast with this Axe FX III. For me it is a dream come true. I love you Cliff! ;)

Back
Top Bottom