AFIII Axe-Fx III - my first preset: VH

levipeto

Fractal Fanatic
I just received my Axe-Fx III a couple of hours ago and I quickly tried to build a VH preset from scratch.

I haven't played in 2 years so be gentle :D

There is no drive block, no volume roll back on the guitar, the amp is that much dynamic.
Not Tone Matched, I only used factory cabs.

Attachments

• VH 1_08 levi.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Wow, sounds great! If you created that in a couple of hours, imagine how amazing it will sound with subsequent refinements after you've spent some time and tamed the beast!

I just received my Axe-Fx III a couple of hours ago and I quickly tried to build a VH preset from scratch.

I haven't played in 2 years so be gentle :D

There is no drive block, no volume roll back on the guitar, the amp is that much dynamic.
Not Tone Matched, I only used factory cabs.

Pretty cool.....I’d love to take a look at this preset if you feel like sharing it. What amp model/cabs did you use?

giphy.gif

I tell you what .., listening on small crappy speakers my 1st impression was that it wasn't all that close ....

BUT ..., the more I listened and the more you varied the riffs you were playing, I was like damn that's really got the right vibe ... !

By the time the snippet was done I was like ..., DAMN that's really REALLY close and would probably be awesome in a live situation !!!!

I also loved your playing technique too ! Clearly you've got a great command of changing up your attack on the strings. VERY Dynamic playing ! BRAVO !

Thanks guys!

I was not trying to match the tone. I was just playing with that amp and whatever off-axis factory cab I had available. I added the rest of the blocks for a VHish layout.
I really liked the vibe so I quickly recorded and posted it. I had no intention to claim that it's my ultimate VH tone. I already had that in the Axe-Fx II :p

Back
Top Bottom