Axe FX III mkII - will my mk1 get left behind with firmware updates? Answer - clearly not. Thread edited due to excessive negativity from one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the LED colors should change depending on your playing abilities.
Or
If your intonation is off, Black, Cable screwed, Yellow, dirty strings, Green.
if you haven't played in a week, Pink
I'd like the new IPS screen to be able to display animations of a cool guitar face so I could concentrate on my playing instead of working so hard to scrunch up my face when I bend the important notes during a solo.

We will see if it becomes that way. I'm not the only one who has concerns.

I know it's stressful when new versions come out, but you gotta understand that the hardware that runs the actual audio processing, I/O, and more is exactly the same. The firmware will be the same for all audio processing. Line 6 and Universal Audio don't provide upgradeable hardware either.

Ive had my 3 for a year now. I have maybe 5 presets that I use. The only thing that changes are the amps really. I dont need more preset space but I do run short on CPU for larger presets. morphing kitchen sink stuff that could be spread out over several presets hehe

Ill be keeping what I have. It works and I dont even use half of what it does. Best piece of gear I have ever purchased.

There's a new version of Fractal-Bot with added support for the MK II, what's interesting is that both versions are recognized by the bot as "Axe FX III" no MK I, Original, MK II, etc... like previous iterations. I guess this should be enough to ease some concerns about FW compatibility between versions.

I have digital gear from companies that have been bought and sold 5 times and hasn’t been updated in 15 years. Your gear doesn’t magically become garbage if you didn’t get an update in the last month. Some of y’all need to chilllllll, the last update for my G System was in 2012 and they got bought out by MusicTribe!

Last edited:
This now gives me a great excuse to sell my amp, cab and pedalboard and get the new Mk 2 version to run as my main and the Mk 1 can go to backup duty. Something for me to think about now.......and the GAS starts to brew again.....:)

Last edited:
Remember that time when you bought an amp and there was no way to upgrade it in any way? Relax, this is not the AXE V and Cliff clearly made the statement. We all got stuck in the "oh there is a new phone out there and mine is not worth using it since right now it is not working anymore" times.

I, for myself, only can appreciate the steady progress of Fractal in any field and it will still take me years to understand the potential of my now very old and slow Axe III.

Have a great weekend you all around the globe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom