Axe FX III mkII - will my mk1 get left behind with firmware updates? Answer - clearly not. Thread edited due to excessive negativity from one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mkII looks grand, but I've only had my mk1 a year and the wording in the press release implies more capability for FW updates.

Not too fussed, as the III is incredible as it stands currently, but I'm interested to know this.

Cheers.

Same here, had my III a year too. Best bit of gear I've owned

I think unless there's some radical new operating system in the pipeline there's plenty of life left in the III MK1

The AXEII MK1 was still seeing plenty of updates for as long as Cliff could put the programing in it

Even then, they still sound great. If I hadn't have bought my III I still would have been happy with my Ax8

Thanks for the clarification, Cliff. I absolutely love my III. Best bit of kit I've ever bought. Glad it will continue to be updated.

So, there will be any MAJOR firmware updates that will put the AX3 MK1 aside as a legacy device and make sound way less better than the MK2?

So, there will be any MAJOR firmware updates that will put the AX3 MK1 aside as a legacy device and make sound way less better than the MK2?

Doubtful. This seems reminiscent of the Standard/Ultra days where the Ultra had a few extra features but they both ran the same amp modeling algorithms right up until the end.

If history is any indicator then it is just as the other posts have mentioned; FAS is remarkable in it’s excellence and consistency of support of legacy platforms.

Remarkably so. In fact better than any other company I’ve had dealings with in the past 30 years.

When I saw this get announced earlier I thought "Whoa what if my Axe FX III MK 1 gets left in the dust behind the new MK 2..."
Then I remembered that any tube amps I had ever used never received firmware updates, the current unit sounds great, and that this is mostly just a case of FOMO setting in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom