Axe-Fx III Mk2

I wonder how many people just randomly scanning the threads see a post about a mkII version of the III and think “oh &@&!!!, I just got my III last week...” lol

I think it is fair to expect the mkII to be of the same generation of the III. When I had the II I didn't mind any "mark" versions. I did mind the AX one! made it hard to sell the II, no way around that... What I'm worried about is not being able to afford the III.

Why wait? If it's that important: Just get the III and put a "Mk II" decal on it. I project the future rumour mill will suggest there won't be a huge audible difference between the III and the III Mk II; so people will either say "Can't hear a difference", or "yeah, it's got a little more punch". Buy now and you've got one to play for the next 4 or 5 years and can make the choice whether to upgrade to the MkII then. Personally, no future product has ever done me a bit of good. I've only ever been able to make use of things I can use now.

Edit: Not to overlook that a MkII would be hardware. So its the platform for the most significant aspect of feature development: which will be provided by the evolution of Ares.

Last edited:
Past doesn't always have to be a guide. Maybe they invested in this and made better choices first time around, and a mk2 wont be necessary? He has said "platform" a few times.

The question I would ask myself is, what is missing on the Axe Fx III that I need? My answer to that question is, nothing. Therefore I bought the III. Prior to this, I owned the Axe Fx II Mk I. When the other iterations of the II came out, they didn’t offer anything I needed, so I never bought them. Prior to that, I owned the Standard. When the Ultra came out, it didn’t offer anything I needed, so I never bought one. I base all of my purchasing decisions on what exists at the moment. Then I address all other options if and when they happen and never think twice about it.

Past doesn't always have to be a guide. Maybe they invested in this and made better choices first time around, and a mk2 wont be necessary? He has said "platform" a few times.

That is certainly true. But I would say any successor to the III wouldn't launch until at least 2020/2021 ... maybe longer ... who knows?

The issue always is with technology too. So, if for some reason there is a surge in processors or something, things could change quickly!

In addition the cost for European buyers is higher.

Current US price, $2499.99
Which is 2048 Euro

But the expected selling price in Europe is said to be 2700 Euro or $3295
This reinforces my thrifty concerns.
No not again please... just do a research and you’ll find an answer for this difference....

Edit: I don't know if there are extra taxes applied to the US price.
Well, it’s better to take some informations before putting numbers around randomly....
EU prices (G66 prices) are VAT and import duty included but most of all every unit comes with three (3) years warranty.

My opinion about your initial question is that if you need it you have to get on the wait list for the current model (Axe-Fx III), if you are fine with what you have right now you can wait for the III or IV Mark II and III.

Last edited:
Troll. 700+ post count and you expect us to believe you don't know how things roll around here? Aaaand....people fell for it?

Well played sir. Well played. =)

Last edited:
When AxeFXII saw the daylight, it's been marketed as future-proof, plenty of room left, etc, etc. But here we have AxeFX III. I do not see why it wouldn't apply at some point to the III. What if Cliff invents the HyperRes for IR? What if amp sim requires bionic processing in the future?

When AxeFXII saw the daylight, it's been marketed as future-proof, plenty of room left, etc, etc. But here we have AxeFX III. I do not see why it wouldn't apply at some point to the III. What if Cliff invents the HyperRes for IR? What if amp sim requires bionic processing in the future?

That! When the II came people were as convinced as they are now that it was the ultimate device. And then came the mk. II. And the XL which introduced faslink. And the XL+. Is it that inconceivable that there are people who now think that there might be some merit in waiting for a later uber version?

For the record, Fractal has never marketed anything as future-proof.

It's a guitar multi FX, when has any of them ever proven future proof? All the more as its basically a PC in a 19" rack. Those are usually already outdated in what? A year? Less then?

Back
Top Bottom