AFIII Axe-Fx III Mesa MK IV (USA LEAD BRT) Demo

Awesome demo!! Love the Hetfield guitar stance!

Honestly, I've been messing with my Axe Fx II for a couple of years with getting a pleasing Mesa sound to my ears. I have a few and they ROCK. This one sounds really good, but for me, my presets are everything I can hope for.

It would take me a very long time to list everything that makes the III a giant step into the future from the II. But to put it succinctly, the III is everything you love about the II taken not to the next level, but to the next five levels, in every category. And then some entirely new surprises.

CPU for days means, as Cliff as noted, the modeling is already firing on more cylinders and will only improve as the code expands and refines to make use of these crazy new chips. Remember the II at the beginning vs. the most recent XL+ FW? Remember how Halo 1 and Halo 2 were both original XBOX titles? Yeah. Prepare for an exciting next several years.

The channels system is a game-changer. 16 drives in one preset? Eight amp types per preset accessible at will? 16 delays? Etc. Etc. Crazy talk. The new cab block is essentially an entire mixing board with thousands of the world's best cabs exquisitely mic'd up and on faders at your fingertips. And the ease of reamping live over 8-channel USB opens up a whole new way of thinking about mixing guitar parts that I've really enjoyed exploring. Finally, I can't say enough about the new GUI and front panel layout. Any beta tester will tell you, it's simultaneously a completely seamless transition from the II to the III and a fundamental change for the better. Both instantly familiar and light-years ahead of the II. And the RTA is just so damn fun to watch.

This has gotten too long, but I can't say enough good things about this unit; and I can't wait for you all to get to plug in and crank up.

Cliff and the team have accomplished something truly remarkable, yet again, and it will only grow from here.

CC

No conspiracy here, folks. I just had the preset route tones to all the outputs and back to the other inputs so everyone could see all the lights :)
Looks cool, right?? :)

Looks really cool, the way the lights and the anylizer display reminds me of the first JVC home theather my dad installed, loved to see all those bars move.

JUSTICE PREVAILS
After enduring a bogus copyright claim against and temporary takedown of this video, it is back online, thankfully with all original views and comments restored. Thank you to everyone who messaged me asking what was up. The internet can be a frustrating place. But again, justice prevails.

Back
Top Bottom