Axe-Fx III, Matrix GT1000FX, 2 Xitone Passives: WOW!

Agreed that no PA/"FRFR" is actually flat even in an anechoic chamber (except perhaps with DSP correction - but there are still phase inconsistencies), and especially so considering actual room context, speaker location, listener location, etc. Some may be "flat enough" or sound good/awesome with or w/o EQ tweaking.

At the same time, in many ways our hearing (ears+brain) is very adaptable (earbuds or beats headphones with MP3s are not FRFR and are "low" quality but millions love it) while in other ways we (e.g. musicians, audiophiles) may be sensitive to certain frequencies or imbalances that are annoying or sound bad (e.g. not guitar amp like).

The answer depends on the downstream equipment. Is the device connected downstream expecting semi-pro/consumer -10dB levels or pro +4dB levels?
I don't really know. How can I find out? I don't think the FOH is pro equipment though.

For my xitones, what should I use?

Not familiar with 'xitones', but there us probably a tech spec in a manual that can tell you. Same for the console. Wish I could be more helpful. The spec youvare looking for is likely called something like 'input sensitivity' or something similar. HTH....

I use an Axe-Fx II XL+, Matrix Gt1600fx, an Avatar 2x12 FRFR, and a Matrix FRFR 2x12 (passives) while my band mate and fellow guitar player uses an Orange RV50 and 4x12 cab(s). Very happy with this setup and volume & quality of tone - low or loud are not an issue whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom