AXE FX III Loose Piece

MorroMH

Hello everyone, so I just got my AXE FX III today and while unboxing it I heard that there was something loose inside, I decided to take out the top panel and found the piece shown in the pic laying around, does anyone know what it is? The piece doesn't look like it's broken and the circuits look ok as far as I can tell. Should I be worried? Unit seems to be working OK, I'm have updated to firmware 1.17 and everything is working fine. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 15395592080141427244346912502452.jpg
    15395592080141427244346912502452.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 198
It looks like and unfolded wire terminal crimp connector, something similar to this;

upload_2018-10-14_20-41-58.jpg

They come in strips and are used by automated machines to make wire harness connectors.

upload_2018-10-14_20-45-40.jpg

May have been one that broke off and fell inside??

Generally speaking if there is a broken piece in the circuit it won’t power up at all, probably a random part, but not one that came off your circuit board

Why do you come to the forum asking inside mechanical advice? Open a support ticket with clearly a shipping problem. They will fix you up...we are just random guys in the interwebz.

Jeez.
I suggested he do it; he was asking on FB. I know several of the mods and Cliff himself visit these so this was potentially a quick answer. We're not all just random guys. I mean, I am, but if Cliff or Matt happened to see this, they could assuage his fears in a quick second.

But yeah, if no one's got a good answer (i.e. Cliff or Matt or one of the other FAS dudes doesn't answer), then yeah, open a support ticket. I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. I've never had to do it so I don't know what customer service is like, so I didn't wanna suggest you be left hangin' for several business days or whatever when a FAS guy could answer you in a few secs.

Usually contacting a company directly is more likely to get you a quicker answer than posting a thread on a forum and hoping that someone from the company reads it.

I do some work in support as part of my job, and I definitely prefer if people just email our support email especially for anything that's specific to their situation.

It is not an electronic component or circuit material as it looks like a fabricated piece of metal. It may belong in the unit (ie mounting bracket) and came loose in transit or a piece of metal that was connected/cut from other pieces of manufactured metal parts that was left in during assembly. That being said I am curious what the Fractal folks have to say about it.

It is the regulator of the Axe-FX's flux capacitor. I would abstain from powering up the Axe-FX without it.

Usually contacting a company directly is more likely to get you a quicker answer than posting a thread on a forum and hoping that someone from the company reads it.

You're right, in most cases. But this is FAS. I would also recommend the forums and FB group for people having issues with Line 6 products. Their engineers and customer support people spend a great deal of time on the forums helping people out. If it's something they can't answer, they'll tell the person to file a support ticket. But yeah, if this were someone having an issue with a LG TV, a Sony Playstation, or a Nikon DSLR camera, companies hidden behind gigantic faceless bureaucracies, then definitely - filing a claim is the fastest and most direct/assured route to success :)

Back
Top Bottom