Axe-Fx III & Logic Pro X & YouTube Audio on a Mac

kbrown455

I have been incredibly successful in failing to accomplish recording backtracks from YouTube into Logic Pro X on a Mac through Axe-Fx III.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!

Should be possible if you send the output audio from your computer to Computer Outputs 7+8, then use the USB IN block and route it to Out 1, and record from Computer Inputs 1+2. Just be careful not to have monitoring turned on in your DAW or whatever otherwise you may create a feedback loop if it's routed to Outputs 7+8.

I have been incredibly successful in failing to accomplish recording backtracks from YouTube into Logic Pro X on a Mac through Axe-Fx III.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Yes!

Record the backing track into logic (from YouTube on your Mac via USB)
This just takes the right settings. A little tricky.

Are you going to be synchronizing video as well?

Yes!

Record the backing track into logic (from YouTube on your Mac via USB)
This just takes the right settings. A little tricky.

Are you going to be synchronizing video as well?
Yes, it is the settings I am failing with. Do you happen to know what they are? No, I am not concerned with video.

Should be possible if you send the output audio from your computer to Computer Outputs 7+8, then use the USB IN block and route it to Out 1, and record from Computer Inputs 1+2. Just be careful not to have monitoring turned on in your DAW or whatever otherwise you may create a feedback loop if it's routed to Outputs 7+8.
Thanks man, I will check it out!

I installed the Soundflower app and following their instructions, I can record anything my computer is playing back or streaming, into Logic.

it is a free app and I’ve been using it for over a year. No ad pop ups or adverse effects.

Thanks!
EDIT

AudioHijack as Bradlake recommended is killer!

I'll stop using my other methods, as this app is extremely intuitive, and works instantaneously.
I downloaded a trial and within 30 seconds had it working.
It's very flexible, organized, and i can't imagine a better method.

Methods i used previously are terminated lol.

yeah...thats a nice app. I use it as well. The only downside is that its not free :)
It’s free as long as you don’t use files longer than 10mn. After that it adds noise above the audio in the trial version. If I read correctly.

Back
Top Bottom