Axe-Fx III Latest 11.02 BETA Firmware FC Controller Bug

geriatric

Any further word on a fix for the issue of blank screens in the FC Controller apart from clicking on the AE "per-preset" button" which leaves the screens blank on power recycling? This is not a complaint ( I own 4 FAS modellers and devices) ,just wondering after Cliff said he'd have a solution shortly. I'm assuming it's more complex than originally thought.

Wait...blank screens? I just sent in one of my III’s and then my FC12 for an issue where I get a blank main display on the FC. What are the details of this?

Wait...blank screens? I just sent in one of my III’s and then my FC12 for an issue where I get a blank main display on the FC. What are the details of this?

Caused by latest beta. Cliff said would be fixed in new beta that would be posted in “a few minutes.” That was like 36 hours ago. Not complaining, just sayin. That’s what OP is talking about.

Hi Karl, I remember you from Line 6 days. Got a lot of good help from your posts in those days. Yes, as bjjp2 has posted, after the installation of the latest public beta version of 11.02, the switch screens are blank. The only way to get data back to those screens is to click on the FC per-preset button in AE. The downside is that on power recycling that data disappears again and you have to go back and do the per-preset button thing. It's a work-around for the moment. I'm a long way from US .....Australia.

I thought Cliff posted that there would be new firmware to fix this in a “few minutes” around noon yesterday. Haven’t seen anything unless I missed an update to that note. Cliff has been posting about dark matter and particle/wave theory...perhaps he posted the update in another dimension...🤪

I thought Cliff posted that there would be new firmware to fix this in a “few minutes” around noon yesterday. Haven’t seen anything unless I missed an update to that note. Cliff has been posting about dark matter and particle/wave theory...perhaps he posted the update in another dimension...🤪
More likely, something important delayed the release. Hope everything is ok....

Where are those posts?

this is a beta firmware, and it’s the weekend—the weekend between christmas and new year. give the man a break, huh?
Hi Walrus, if you read my original post you will note that I'm not complaining. I have no issue if the fix doesn't come weeks away or more. I've been around FAS long enough to know their reputation for excellence. And "no" I'm not asking Cliff or anybody else at FAS to get a hurry up. I posted because Cliff had said that there would be a fix "in a few minutes". I'd wondered if I'd missed the solution ….. that's all. Please don't imply motives that the poster does not have. Man, I'm 70 years old and don't want to pee anybody off in my dotage. Just glad to have been part of a revolution in musical history in having the privilege of owning the devices and software that Cliff and team have conjured up over the years.

Hi Walrus, if you read my original post you will note that I'm not complaining.
i acknowledge that you don’t perceive yourself as complaining, but regardless of your intent, several other forum members interpreted your tone the same way i did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom