Axe-Fx III - Issue - Intermittent Sound cut out and/or muffled sound issue

cp13po

Hi, I originalIy posted this in the "IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE, READ THIS!!!" thread but a new specific thread seemed more appropriate.

I have a very intermittent issue with my Axe Fx3. Have had suspected trouble for a bit of over a year, and have mentioned to my local supplier a few times and per discussions have since been trying to troubleshoot source of issue. First issue was Feb 2019, just doing some last minute practice on bass before heading off for a performance when it just went dead. In a panic, I thought it was the bass, swapped basses and all good and performance went fine into different venue rig setup.

Have since had a series of sporadic issues mainly on guitar where the sound would not fully cut-out, but become very muffled with lower (almost imperceptible unless turned way up) volume out of my monitor. So I have been gradually eliminating potential sources of the issue - removed the presonus audiobox from the chain and swapped to small yamaha mg06x mixer. Still experienced issues. Changed guitars and then also leads and still problem occurred at the time, noting this is random ad-hoc and not readily reproducible. Removed the yamaha mixer and went direct to my presonus eris monitor. Issue still occurred. Latest change has been to the XLR cable and have now switched to new mogami gold. Problem has just reoccurred this time on bass with a full cut out. AX3 front panel indicators seemed to have frozen. No discernible sound / signal at all. I rebooted and all good again. (I have some video but need to get off phone and trim - will post if I can sort this).

Current FW 12.08.

Hoping someone can help with advice on further trouble shooting or confirm it is what I fear it to be - an issue with the Axe 3.

Many thanks.

Last issue is related to 12.08. Fixes are in 12.09. You mention 2019, it's hard to tell what timeframe various issues are occurring in. In one sense, it sounds like you probably have a rogue modifier assigned to something and don't realize it. Possibly a modifier attached to a global output that is un-connected, etc.

I'd take a backup and reset your system parameters. Also check to see how your controllers are assigned in presets that are having the problem. There is a viewer in the editor for it.

Last issue is related to 12.08. Fixes are in 12.09. You mention 2019, it's hard to tell what timeframe various issues are occurring in. In one sense, it sounds like you probably have a rogue modifier assigned to something and don't realize it. Possibly a modifier attached to a global output that is un-connected, etc.

I'd take a backup and reset your system parameters. Also check to see how your controllers are assigned in presets that are having the problem. There is a viewer in the editor for it.
Thanks will do, and see how it goes. Re. earlier issues, could be a modifier but not sure I had made any tweaks that advanced at the time (for me). I suspect / hope may have been other firmware issues along the way. I have only just started using controllers (ext expression). Will do the firmware update and see how it goes. Many thanks for your help. Cheers.

Experienced this issue again on FW 12.14 (I noticed the latest FW is now 13.01 and am upgrading) but thought I would still post here first as this has been happening now and then over time across different firmware versions. Originally occurred tonight using a modded Deluxe Verb patch. Changed to default 003 - Deluxe Verb S02 to se if it was a patch issue but the issue still occurred. Captured basic audio sample of the issue (attached as zip). Cropped some some parts to make shorter. You can see starts at normal patch then has volume drop and becomes thin at around 6 - 8sec for a while then a couple of fluctuations and returns to normal patch at the end. Note, per earlier research/advice, I had reset all globals and have not changed since. This hopefully clearly shows the issue. Advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Attachments

• Ax3 issu p003 deluxe verb s02-2020-08-14-crop3.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom