Axe FX III Into Ableton MIDI Problem [scenes]

ErikSmith35

Hi everyone!
So, today I decided I was going to dig into creating an Ableton Live set with automations for my band.
I've setup my Axe III in Ableton Live 10 on Windows. I want to control scene changes via a MIDI track. The MIDI setup itself is flawless I believe, I can set a preset change through bank and program select and it selects the correct preset.
I'm lost however when it comes to scene changes: I've assigned from the Axe setup menu CC#34 as the Scene Select command and I've selected it on Ableton with CC Value 3 expecting as a result Scene 4 to be selected (or any scene, for that matter). However, nothing happens. Whatever scene I was in it stays the same. Any help?
Firmware is 1.15.

You are not doing it right.

You need to send CC 34 (since that is what you told the Axe Fx to recognize for scenes), not 3.

The CC has a number and a data value. Send number 34 and the data value that indicates the scene (except use 0-7 instead of 1-8).

Probably I wasn't very clear ahah. I am doing it the way you described (send CC 34 with value 3). The scene change works only if there are at least two of them on the same track, otherwise it just ignores it.

Probably I wasn't very clear ahah. I am doing it the way you described (send CC 34 with value 3). The scene change works only if there are at least two of them on the same track, otherwise it just ignores it.
Hmm... I dunno, then.

Also, I just re-read your post. On a 2nd read, i think I just misread what you wrote.

Sounds like it should work.

Back
Top Bottom