Axe-Fx III in Australia

so you got an email and you have paid for its ordered? So Aussie is getting their preorders now - none in NZ? Also, does it say how long until it arrives after paying? what were you charged for the pre-order?
Sorry to hear about your delay. Being on the waitlist - FREE. In order to retain the unit when offered, you pay 100% or it is allocated to the next person on the waitlist. Due for delivery in about 3 weeks. Not much different to an internet order with a small delay:)

so you got an email and you have paid for its ordered?
Yes

So Aussie is getting their preorders now - none in NZ?
Not sure if NZ customers are treated the same with respect to the wait list, I certainly hope they are since it appears the same store is supplying both countries.

Also, does it say how long until it arrives after paying?
Leaving the factory on 29th June apparently, so I'm guessing around 3 weeks afterwards, assuming no delays.

what were you charged for the pre-order?
Regular retail price.

Quite annoying that they aren't selling to NZ yet.. same warehouse...

yeah so true. Funny thing is, people who have already paid after receiving the pre-order email, and are now waiting, think its going to leave the warehouse on the 29th June. Yet, going by past years of these releases, even though people have paid, it can still take 2+ months to get to the buyer. crazy

Picked mine up today from IMA too. Still boxed up tonight. Must wait until wifey goes to work tomorrow before unboxing.
y461gFy.jpg

Picked mine up today from IMA too. Still boxed up tonight. Must wait until wifey goes to work tomorrow before unboxing.
y461gFy.jpg

That's some expensive chicken scratch! :) Proper tone increases egg production by 1000%! If I were the wifey the first place I'd look is the chicken coop :p Lol!!!!

That's some expensive chicken scratch! :) Proper tone increases egg production by 1000%! If I were the wifey the first place I'd look is the chicken coop :p Lol!!!!

Lol...that's funny! :D

I'm trying to figure out how to hide mine when it arrives too....for it to 'magically' appear in my rack couple of months later. It's the box it comes in that's a giveaway and becomes the evidence to get rid of. Now if only I had a chicken coop.

Looks like New Zealand orders aren't too far away now.

Lol...that's funny! :D

I'm trying to figure out how to hide mine when it arrives too....for it to 'magically' appear in my rack couple of months later. It's the box it comes in that's a giveaway and becomes the evidence to get rid of. Now if only I had a chicken coop.

Looks like New Zealand orders aren't too far away now.

When I bought the XL+ it looked enough like the II that my wife didn't notice :) When the III was announced I told her I was getting 2, one for the mancave and one to gig with. She said no one was enough, I agreed and she felt like she won :)

It's here it's here!!!

OMG cannot wait to hear it...Initial observations (Haven't heard it yet - have work to do!)
1/ Looks cool
2/ Blue LED is way too bright - maybe my eyes are dodgy, but it's sort of 'in the way' when you read the meters around it etc.. IE; distracting.
3/ Fan noise.... terrible. Absolutely unacceptable. Right now it's the loudest thing in the studio...absolutely terrible. I have opened it up and checked the bolts were correctly 'loose' - even tried some gel anti-vibration thingys to no avail. (the II wasn't too good either, but that was a draw between the mixing desk fan and the II. I just don't understand how it could be acceptable that something so damn good, and destined for a lot of studios could have fan noise like this. I'll have to create an alternative - but for now, I want to check it out.

We all just KNOW however that the sound and overall usability of this box will absolutely ROCK so I don't want to detract from that.

Ok... I'll finish my work for the day and spend the night in bliss :)
[Edit] The sound......AMAZINGLY GOOD. Like so many others have tried to express, you come from the II thinking 'how could anything sound better than this?'. The reality is the III does sound better - and it's not subtle. I'm very impressed

Thanks
Pauly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom