• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III in Australia

mcmurray

Inspired
Just got an invitation to purchase.

The II XL on it's way is from a trade which essentially cost me nothing. I could sell it and put cash towards the III. Decisions!

nznat

Inspired
A Diezel VH4. I already own a few Mesa’s so I’m justifying in my head why bother with Axe Fx when I can just have the real thing and not have to convince myself how real they sound.

Yeah true eh! I had the AXE FX 2XL+ and CLR FRFR cab, and would gravitate to the Friedman BE100 profile all the time, and select the greenback 4x12 in the unit. I only just purchased the XL+ when the AxeFX 3 was announced, so i advertised the XL+ and sold it for retail to a noob, from which hes really happy, so all good. Instead of waiting for a unit that still has a heap load of bugs, no foot pedal, Axe Edit full of bugs etc, i went and purchased a real Friedman BE100 and Marshall 4x12 Cab 1960AC with the greenbacks, with a strymon reverb and delay pedal, and a univibe and wah. And BOOM< the thing is incredible in person, tone and room feeling that the axe fx or any FRFR speaker could never ever produce. I will how ever get a axe fx 3 at some point when all the bugs are sorted, which will be a while. All good news no matter which way we look at it.

nznat

Inspired
A Diezel VH4. I already own a few Mesa’s so I’m justifying in my head why bother with Axe Fx when I can just have the real thing and not have to convince myself how real they sound.
you have a good ear for tone, the Diezel VH4 is a great s0unding amp, i used that profile in the axe fx 2 a number of time. nice

nznat

Inspired
III ordered.

so you got an email and you have paid for its ordered? So Aussie is getting their preorders now - none in NZ? Also, does it say how long until it arrives after paying? what were you charged for the pre-order?

Andy G

Inspired
so you got an email and you have paid for its ordered? So Aussie is getting their preorders now - none in NZ?

Only some Aussies. Still waiting for my email, as I didn't jump on the wait list quite as quick as others here. I'm sure they haven't forgotten either of us. :)

Top Bottom