Axe-Fx III in Australia

Just a heads up guys -
For those that are also waiting to purchase in Australia- after paying, I enquired if I’d have my unit by Friday as I paid an extra hundred or so dollars for express delivery, to be informed ‘not to rely on any date as there are too many variables between the states and here.’
Guess I was a bit silly to assume the units were here in Australia but I’ve just sent $4k and assumed money wouldn’t change hands unless delivery was certain.
So - just be aware of the above - it’s probably not going to matter much but had I known, I would have paid when the units arrived as now there’s a risk my money is elsewhere for a while with no unit to play with.
Thanks
Pauly

Dang that price is surprising, kinda annoying we are paying $800aud more compared to the US price.

@pauly It was clear to me that this was a pre-order. I'm not sure why you would have thought otherwise. The second, bolded, sentence in the email was this:

"Our first shipment of Axe-FX III is due to leave the Fractal Audio factory for Australia on the 29th of June."

Hi Barry - Yes I got one ages ago, and this arvo I got a discount code. I was so excited I didn't read anything - just paid the money :) ... Now.... Lets see
Thanks
Pauly

Edit: As a matter of fact - I was so excited, when I read '(Expected release date is 6th Jul 2018)' in my order, my mind saw 6th Jun.... man I have to relax.

Last edited:
Paid for mine today. I've been thinking hard about whether to bother upgrading because my AxeFXII is still so damn good but Andrew's 'last chance' message pushed me over the line. Now the waiting really begins!

So anyone here know more details of the New Zealand arrival of the units? I need to sell an amp, and i know it will sell quick, but dont know if its worth selling it now or waiting , as the hold up and delays on the Axe FX 3 arrival, still could be ages away here in NZ. I need something to play in the mean time. bit frustrating not having some type of update

Paid for mine today. I've been thinking hard about whether to bother upgrading because my AxeFXII is still so damn good but Andrew's 'last chance' message pushed me over the line. Now the waiting really begins!

What did the last chance email say and when did you get it? Any word on the number of units available in this run?

Happy for you guys!

What did the last chance email say and when did you get it? Any word on the number of units available in this run?

Happy for you guys!
Nothing was mentioned regarding the number of units.
I would imagine that I must be fairly close to the top of the OZ queue because I contacted IMA within a couple of hours of the US announcement.

I got the first message Friday 1st of June and the second message yesterday.
First message:
"You're receiving this email because you're on the Axe-FX III waiting list.
Our first shipment of Axe-FX III is due to leave the Fractal Audio factory for Australia on the 29th of June.
Your name has come up on the waiting list and as such, we're offering you the opportunity to purchase an Axe-FX III from this shipment now."

Second message:
"Just a follow up from my last email. I'm just about to start extending these invites to more of the waiting list.
If you are not interested in buying from this shipment, please let me know so that I can give your spot to someone else. If you need more time for securing funds, we completely understand, but please let us know so that we don't sell a unit we have reserved for you."

just got an email back from fractal directly and they stated that New Zealand is a number of months away from getting any Axe FX 3 units. That sucks!! Oh well!

This is their reply: " I'm sorry, but we don't have any information on when the Axe-Fx III will arrive in Australia/NZ. I think it's safe to say that it will be a couple of months at least. "

just got an email back from fractal directly and they stated that New Zealand is a number of months away from getting any Axe FX 3 units. That sucks!! Oh well!

This is their reply: " I'm sorry, but we don't have any information on when the Axe-Fx III will arrive in Australia/NZ. I think it's safe to say that it will be a couple of months at least. "

Another kiwi anxiously waiting, We're used to being 'at the end of the world' so I've got quite good at managing my anxiety. I've never owned an Axe FX so in a sense, that helps. In the meantime I have plenty of time to read and understand the manual.

I guess by the time we get access, any bugs will have been ironed out so there's always an up-side.

There’s a video on Independent Music’s Facebook page and some guy here in Australia demo-ing an Axe Fx 3. So some are here already.

There’s a video on Independent Music’s Facebook page and some guy here in Australia demo-ing an Axe Fx 3. So some are here already.

That's Brett Kingman - the King of Demos and a damn fine player but the there's only about 10 seconds of actual 'naked' AxeFXIII from the 3:00m mark. I'd imagine that Andrew Farnham had a unit brought out here (Australia) for such demo purposes.

Yeah, we get screwed for most things here in NZ and Australia.

Terrible exchange rates and import taxes.

I too am used to waiting months for things to arrive here.. not unusual for New Zealand.

Yeah, we get screwed for most things here in NZ and Australia.

Terrible exchange rates and import taxes.

I too am used to waiting months for things to arrive here.. not unusual for New Zealand.

Yeah we pay a lot more alright. I just received my new Friedman BE100 Head from the states, and wow, wallet is barren now. lol Ha, funny thing is, when i had my Axe FX 2 XL+ and CLR FRFR cab, the main amp i would gravitate towards was the friedman BE100 with green backs and would stick to that most of the time, thus, i sold the axe fx 2 xl+ before the price dropped, like one week before, yippy, and got this friedman head and a marshall 1960AC with the 4x12 Green backs. And holy molly this thing is spectacular. You just cannot in any sense of the word get the tone of the real thing in the room with any of the axe fx units. I would say, its the FRFR speakers etc, they are ruining the real tones everyone is after. The Axe FX unit is properly creating perfect tone, but placing all the FRFR speaker side by side, they all sound a bit different, which simply states, WHAT THE FUCK, they are suppose to be flat response, yet if they were, they would sound exactly the same, thus, none of them are flat response. pretty stupid eh. So i went real amp again, and its an incredible experience. I am on the waiting list for the Axe FX 3 to use into PC and with head phones recording etc, and 4 cable method into my friedman, but wow, the FRFR speakers are a massive let down and are also very expensive over here in NZ

Back
Top Bottom