Axe-Fx III in Australia

Would there be ANY complications in using an Axe from USA in Aus? I think USA is 110V instead of 240V so I'll probably forget about trying to save some money like that...

Would there be ANY complications in using an Axe from USA in Aus? I think USA is 110V instead of 240V so I'll probably forget about trying to save some money like that...
It should be fine, it has a universal power supply. My Axe-Fx II XL used to be from the USA (I am in New Zealand). My current Axe-FX III is 100-240 VAC. I purchased locally, but it was a year ago - the price was almost identical. If I need to buy one now - I would buy from the USA.
Remember, that you probably need someone's assistance in the States, as it may be some complications with the overseas credit card - Fractal do not accept PAyPal for some (strange) reason. The good side of this: if your friend buys and re-sends it for you - it's up to you what price you declare ;)

Last edited:
Service/support could be a problem if you bought from the US. Independent Music have been fantastic in their support to me (not with the Fractal gear (never needed support) but with the Atomic CLRs).

Service/support could be a problem if you bought from the US. Independent Music have been fantastic in their support to me (not with the Fractal gear (never needed support) but with the Atomic CLRs).
Correct. But I always ask myself a question: Why do I have to pay more, than my colleagues in the USA? Why Australia and New Zealand are so disadvantaged? ...and those are rhetorical questions. I know all the answers - and I don't care.
Yes, I do take the risk, but I don't want to support any business, who charge me over 5-7% on top of the price in the USA plus shipping. If we all start doing this - it will lead to some changes in our great countries! The prices here should be even lower than in the USA, as the salaries are lower! Impossible? Never mind... I know what to do.

DOWN WITH THE MAN!! I think everyone should be given an Axe-Fx at birth. Atleast one. ATLEAST! hehe

but seriously, 2930.89 AUD from USA is ALOT cheaper than the 4000 Independent Music are asking. Still not sure..

DOWN WITH THE MAN!! I think everyone should be given an Axe-Fx at birth. Atleast one. ATLEAST! hehe

but seriously, 2930.89 AUD from USA is ALOT cheaper than the 4000 Independent Music are asking. Still not sure..
Don't forget shipping, insurance, GST (on both the Axe & shipping) & customs duty...Yes, it's still cheaper than buying it local but then your weighing the savings against any potential risk if you do have issues. Most likely you want have any issues with the Axe but...

Correct. But I always ask myself a question: Why do I have to pay more, than my colleagues in the USA? Why Australia and New Zealand are so disadvantaged? ...and those are rhetorical questions. I know all the answers - and I don't care.
Yes, I do take the risk, but I don't want to support any business, who charge me over 5-7% on top of the price in the USA plus shipping. If we all start doing this - it will lead to some changes in our great countries! The prices here should be even lower than in the USA, as the salaries are lower! Impossible? Never mind... I know what to do.
I hear ya! The prices we have been paying historically compared to our brethren in the US have been scandalous but things have been better since the advent of the internet & ebay. I mean I bought a Turbo rat pedal in 1991 or so for AUD$199 locally when they were probably $40 or less in the US. Around the same time a guitar store wanted to charge me $300 for a standard (probably ceramic magnet) Filtertron pickup. Crazy prices!!
Also don't understand how a made in Indonesia Classic Vibe Tele was US$350 in the States & about AUD$890 over here. This was when the currencies we in parity or the Aussie dollar was even stronger. Last I looked Australia was a lot closer to Indonesia than the US so shipping costs etc. would be cheaper. Historically we have been gouged big time.

I, like probably most guys here, have bought lots of stuff from the US as a result over the last 10-15 years. Not paying GST on these purchases until very recently (nor import duties on items less than $1k) has been a big bonus. No doubt this behaviour has hit retailer's sales here & the price disparity overall has, I believe, dropped.

Not sure your 5-7% disparity is achievable or practical from a business sense though. I assume you are taking the piss with the average wage argument though. It can't be a factor or should musos from Burundi or South Sudan get the Axe for about US$100 or less (based on average salary vs the US)?

Sigh. Where are you getting the $2900 from? I just did a quick xe conversion and at $1999 plus $200 US dollars for shipping you are looking at $3225 Australian. Then you will need to add approx. 20% extra to cover gst and custom fees, so that actually works out to be about $3865 Australian. Independent Music in Australia are listing the AxeIII at AU$3615 plus postage with warranty. But hey whatever.

Bugger - I paid $4017 only 3 months ago. Guess I didn’t time that very well! Is the current price reduction in Australia permanent or some sort of sale thing?

It’s where they get the vegemite that makes it fun ;-)
thanks
pauly
It's true. The Vegemite you get from the bloke down the street who drives that technicolor van is way more fun than the stuff you buy at the shop.

no no not that crap,
vegemite was invented when people were pondering what to do with the black yeasty sludge in the bottom of beer vats.
thanks
pauly

It's true. The Vegemite you get from the bloke down the street who drives that technicolor van is way more fun than the stuff you buy at the shop.

no no not that crap,
vegemite was invented when people were pondering what to do with the black yeasty sludge in the bottom of beer vats.
thanks
pauly
I know, brother. But as an outsider looking in, I can't help wondering what else they could have done with it. :)

Caveat: I know some perfectly honorable people who love their Vegemite to death, and I fully respect their right to do so. Just having a bit o' fun. :)

That's a great price. I paid closer to $3,865, from memory, and it was a little more than that at other times (when our dollar was worse?).
Bugger - I paid $4017 only 3 months ago. Guess I didn’t time that very well! Is the current price reduction in Australia permanent or some sort of sale thing?

Yeah I think mine was about $3900 about a year ago. I would think this price drop in Aus is a reflection of the FAS price drop on the III.

Cheers
Anthony

Back
Top Bottom