Axe-Fx III - how to record YouTube audio

Mcbootus

Dear all,

I’ve had this wonderful unit for a few months - I am using it with my Win 10 PC as my only audio interface - no other sound cards. I also have Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro .... absolutely no problems recording guitars and using axe edit and Cubase - fully operational!

My problem is that I need to record the audio from YouTube videos using wavelab, but no matter what I try I cannot find a way to do this. With my previous soundcards, there was always a setting to loopback the windows output to become an audio interface input, but I don’t see anything obvious in the axe III settings.

Without using a third party software, is there an easy way to achieve this task just with the axe fx ? So I can record YouTube or any other windows sound direct into wavelab.

Thank you in advance,

Bootus

Thanks for the info - I connected a spdif cable to the in and out. I also set spdif in the axe fx I/O settings.

But I didnt understand the setting "spdif out source" setting.

I couldnt find any other setting to make - is there something else I need to do in addition to this ?

Thanks again.

Why not use analog patch cables to connect Out 1 of the Axe-Fx to IN 2?
Then play YouTube via Out 1 and record Out 2.
Your preset can be completely empty.

Would this essentially be a workaround for loop back recording?

If you’re on a Mac, it’s as simple as routing your computer audio into a DAW. Existential blackhole 16ch is an audio router that works on OSX coreaudio. Useful for a wide variety of audio routing tasks.

Edit : Nevermind, just saw that you’re on windows.

It has to be a loopback function on the Axe-Fx III ?
I had before a RME UCX soundcard and it had a loopback function. Since you have the signal digital than you dont want to patch cables here and there to convert D/A and then A/D again?!

Anybody solved this problem?

Dear all,

I’ve had this wonderful unit for a few months - I am using it with my Win 10 PC as my only audio interface - no other sound cards. I also have Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro .... absolutely no problems recording guitars and using axe edit and Cubase - fully operational!

My problem is that I need to record the audio from YouTube videos using wavelab, but no matter what I try I cannot find a way to do this. With my previous soundcards, there was always a setting to loopback the windows output to become an audio interface input, but I don’t see anything obvious in the axe III settings.

Without using a third party software, is there an easy way to achieve this task just with the axe fx ? So I can record YouTube or any other windows sound direct into wavelab.

Thank you in advance,

Bootus

Try this.

With studio one 2, I can choose widows audio in settings and record any audio in the computer saved or playing from youtube straight to studio one with out any kind of interface.

Back
Top Bottom