AFIII Axe-Fx III Holy Diver

After I figured out what holy diver was i had to come back and tell ya good job - sounds pretty darn close! Cool. Never listened to Dio. Thanks for posting

After I figured out what holy diver... Never listened to Dio.

Ban worthy imo. Haha joking. Unfortunately I only really appreciated him after he passed away. I know for someone it's kind of dad metal but I like really good metal singers. If you are more into a kind of modern twist you can hear how good the songs were in the recent tribute albums with a lot of known bands playing his covers.

Ban worthy imo. Haha joking. Unfortunately I only really appreciated him after he passed away. I know for someone it's kind of dad metal but I like really good metal singers. If you are more into a kind of modern twist you can hear how good the songs were in the recent tribute albums with a lot of known bands playing his covers.
Dad metal???? Thanks for making me feel old!!!

Dio is the father of the modem metal singer. Check his work with Black Sabbath (Neon Knights, Mob Rules, Live Evil) and Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Rising, Long Live Rock 'n Roll) for the groundwork.

And since you're a guitarist, go search for "Hear N Aid Stars" on YouTube... Written by Dio and Campbell - the metal genre's answer to We Are The World.

I really appreciate the feedback, guys! I spent a good portion of 3 days making it. There were different versions with different EQ's until I finally settled.

I'm honestly surprised that the feedback has been positive! I will keep posting other stuff if I can!

Look out! Jump, jump!

That sounds cool - great job! How'd you implement the room sound (reverb block, cabinet room reverb?)

I set the reverb to studio reverb and lightly dialed until I heard a mix that was subtle but good enough to have the amp in a room sound

Edit: This was also the first time I've played with the mic features in the cab block. It was the hardest part of the process. It actually sounded SUPER good without it but I know it had to be done to get it closer.

Back
Top Bottom