AFIII Axe-FX III High Gain Showcase #4 - Mesa Boogie

kostein

Inspired
Lots of people asked me about doing a Mesa Boogie video and here it is.

I think I dialed in some really good tones this time around and I was quite surprised with what I could get out of the IIC+ and Triaxis models. Having no experience with either of them I didn't know what to expect. Even though the Rectos are probably my favorites, watching the video makes me realize how much fun I'm having while playing with all these awesome tones. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Feedback would be greatly appreciated as always!

Sounds really good! The Mark IV Preset 1 instantly reminded me of JP's tone on Acid Rain. Did you tweak the output EQ on the Mark models for these tones?

Last edited:
Great video. That Recto 1 preset #1 sounded like John Petrucci on Train of Thought.

Glad you liked the video guys! Recto1 #1 preset is my favorite as well btw, I absolutely love that tone.

Sounds really good! The Mark IV Preset 1 instantly reminded me of JP's tone on Acid Rain. Did you tweak the output EQ on the Mark models for these tones?
Great video. That Recto 1 preset #1 sounded like John Petrucci on Train of Thought.
I never thought of that but until you guys brought it up. Now I feel like doing a cover of "As I am", at least the parts I can play :laughing:

Thanks for all the feedback, it's great to hear from fellow axers (is that a even a word?)

I'm a Mark series guy and a relatively new Fractal owner. Recently recorded with the AFXIII panned left and my MarkV panned right using the same IR and you can barely tell any difference. If you would have snuck up behind me and switched I probably never know. I started with a blue stripe MarkIII so I usually dial a little hotter and aggressive than your settings, but I normally don't play this dark of rhythm also. I liked your first recto setting the best.

Back
Top Bottom