Axe FX III + GCP questions (looper/taptempo/spillover)

diezel013

Inspired
Currently looper is set to two switches because trying to program one switch to record, play and stop/clear (similar to the ditto looper) wasn’t working. I noticed that upon pressing record and trying to press it to play it just keeps looping... i don’t want that. Most of the loops I would do would be like a 4 bar loop or a drone chord ala EJ or Chris Poland. I tried set the switch to momentary on my GCX in hopes that I could possibly hold down (record) and release (play) and then stop the loop but no success. Is this possible or would I be better off getting a separate pedal to just handle that?

I don’t want the looper to take more than one or two switches max, because I want at least 6-7 freed up for other stuff if possible)

Also, I noticed that the spillovers of the delays don’t seem to go through if the next patch has a different delay model... is there a way to change this? I set the spillover inside the Axe FX III settings to carry over 100% or delay and reverb but maybe I’m not full understanding how this works.

Think kind of how EJ has his clean and then the dirty rhythm/lead amps and the delays into his individual amps carry through once he hits his A/B switch.

Sorry for all the questions haha, but I know this unit has so much potential and I’m hoping I can figure out a way to make this happen.

I reckon maybe if I design a dual amp rig and set different scenes then maybe the spillover will work more to my liking??? By the way... I’m kind of out of switches at the moment...

Is it easy to connect just a designated Footswitch to connect into the Axe FX solely for tap tempo? I like to dial in a good delay time in my patches, but if I’m playing and want to change the delay time then it’s nice to be able to do so, hands free! Thanks everybody!!!

Back
Top Bottom