Axe-Fx III FW 3.0 Reverb samples - these verbs sound killer

I'm using the AC-30 patch that's up on your site this weekend @Brian Wahl - as I'm dialing in the last couple things, I noticed that an updated version was just posted! It sounds fantastic, and I hope that you come out with some more P&W presets- if it's a song that we play, that's pretty much an insta-buy for me- your stuff sounds really good. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I'm using that preset as a baseline for song-based presets this weekend as well.

I've been building out presets for some of the more popular P&W songs as well as the stuff we regularly do in my church (which align pretty well). I'll be making them available and doing play-through videos for them soon. Honestly the thing that hangs me up the most is which amp model(s) to use for song-based presets. Most of the guitar parts in these songs are recorded with some sort of AC30 variant. I've experimented with most all the boutique AC-style amps in Axe-FX, and they all sound great and have their unique flavors, but honestly the Vox AC30 might be my favorite of all of them. It has just the right amount of thickness in the midrange while keeping the chimey top end that make these amps so famous. The DC-30 is really, really nice, but it's a little thinner sounding with a more pristine top end, which may or may not be what works better for a particular song or part.

I'm anxious to see how well the free AC30 preset sits in the mix this weekend.

Thanks so much! I'm using that preset as a baseline for song-based presets this weekend as well.

I've been building out presets for some of the more popular P&W songs as well as the stuff we regularly do in my church (which align pretty well). I'll be making them available and doing play-through videos for them soon. Honestly the thing that hangs me up the most is which amp model(s) to use for song-based presets. Most of the guitar parts in these songs are recorded with some sort of AC30 variant. I've experimented with most all the boutique AC-style amps in Axe-FX, and they all sound great and have their unique flavors, but honestly the Vox AC30 might be my favorite of all of them. It has just the right amount of thickness in the midrange while keeping the chimey top end that make these amps so famous. The DC-30 is really, really nice, but it's a little thinner sounding with a more pristine top end, which may or may not be what works better for a particular song or part.

I'm anxious to see how well the free AC30 preset sits in the mix this weekend.
My favorite is the AC-20 Deluxe.

Back
Top Bottom