Axe-Fx III flakiness as an interface

USB buffer setting, under IO? Mine is set to 256, what is recommended?
Thanks for the info! I'll keep this setting mind if the firmware and/or cable doesn't fix.
It's already pretty high so I don't think that's the problem.
Anyway the optimal value depends on what you're doing, if you're using a daw with lots of plugins a higher value is better

Old Mac mini here. The only issue is that I have to unplug and replug the usb cable after I’ve switched on the mac. After that, it stays connected without issue.
That behavior appeared just after I updated to Mojave. It could be usb port or just a Mojave kind of thing. I’m not a compter geek (that’s why I prefer macs ;-))

I’m am fairly sure that this is an OSX issue. It can happen with other interfaces as well and the common denominator is that it happens when playing iTunes, sound from a browser, or even system sounds.

Maybe fractal can help Apple solve it once and for all :0)

One thing I’ve found that limits the issue is to make sure ALL devices that show up in the audio midi settings are set to 48KHz.

Ps this hasn’t happened to me recently and I’m on the latest of everything with multiple axes in an aggregate... however, whenever I play sound from the Mac, it’s going through a thunderbolt interface, not an AxeFx.

I do have issues after upgrading the Axefx firmware. 100% of the time core audio fails (with all external interfaces) and I have to restart the Mac.

I’m am fairly sure that this is an OSX issue. It can happen with other interfaces as well and the common denominator is that it happens when playing iTunes, sound from a browser, or even system sounds.

Maybe fractal can help Apple solve it once and for all :0)

One thing I’ve found that limits the issue is to make sure ALL devices that show up in the audio midi settings are set to 48KHz.

Ps this hasn’t happened to me recently and I’m on the latest of everything with multiple axes in an aggregate... however, whenever I play sound from the Mac, it’s going through a thunderbolt interface, not an AxeFx.

I do have issues after upgrading the Axefx firmware. 100% of the time core audio fails (with all external interfaces) and I have to restart the Mac.

I've used multiple interfaces with my Mac and never had this issue, so I can't say definitively where the issue lies. Guaranteed that if I post this on an OSX forum or to apple support they will suspect the device, and I think I have seen at least one Windows user report similar behavior.

At any rate I am using a new cable and I have updated the firmware. Also on Mojave. If I don't experience any issues I will plug the suspected cable back into the chain, try to replicate the issue one last time, and the post back with the results. Thanks!

I wasn't getting audio playback from Google Play Music in the Google Chrome browswer from my windows 7 PC when the Axe III was the playback device, but I'll update the USB firmware and report back.

Back
Top Bottom