Axe-Fx III first live gig

Well, I opened up the Axe today. Lo and behold, there is no battery installed at all (CR2032).
So there's the obvious reason my CC#'s will not stick. I had it back to Fractal a few weeks ago
for a new Motherboard. They must have forgotten to swap the battery from the original Board.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys! I'll pick one up tomorrow and install.
Glad it's something quick & easy!

Onward!

Well, I opened up the Axe today. Lo and behold, there is no battery installed at all (CR2032).
So there's the obvious reason my CC#'s will not stick. I had it back to Fractal a few weeks ago
for a new Motherboard. They must have forgotten to swap the battery from the original Board.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys! I'll pick one up tomorrow and install.

Onward!
Make sure you let Fractal support know... That's a mistake they shouldn't be making, especially since you already sent it in for repairs once!

Onward!

wow... someone will get a hand smacking for that ;)

All, I’m from South Florida so my band definitely faces a lot of very hot playing situations. I recommend Pedialite in powder form. Mix one packet with a 12-16 ounce bottle of water. I drink one before and after a hot outdoor gig. It’s a life saver.

Some units in the military use (at least used to use) is this liquid IV stuff that was pre-mixed already to go in a small plastic tube. You just tear of the top of a soft plastic tube and squirt the ~4 ounces of liquid in your gullet and you’re good to go. Powerful stuff.

I searched online to actually link it, but I can’t find the real stuff. I’m sure if you researched it hard, you could find it.

The Pedialyte is a good recommendation/substitute however.

Some units in the military use (at least used to use) is this liquid IV stuff that was pre-mixed already to go in a small plastic tube. You just tear of the top of a soft plastic tube and squirt the ~4 ounces of liquid in your gullet and you’re good to go. Powerful stuff.

I searched online to actually link it, but I can’t find the real stuff. I’m sure if you researched it hard, you could find it.

The Pedialyte is a good recommendation/substitute however.
Lots of stuff similar to that for running, particularly long distance stuff. Small, lightweight, useful. But I’d still say water is your friend. Much cheaper and readily available. Ever try to find honey stinger at a concert? :)

Brutal playing in those conditions. Glad you survived! We had to play on Saturday and the heat was oppressing. Lots of gatorade and water as well. I haven't use my AxeIII yet live until I get my FC-6. I used my BE-50, UA OX, small pedalboard and Line6 powercab +. All was great through the show and no issues. I had a fan running behind the amp and on the stage and had my direct pedalboard just in case. I would have preferred to bring a lot less gear.

Thankfully indoors and AC tomorrow night!

Lots of stuff similar to that for running, particularly long distance stuff. Small, lightweight, useful. But I’d still say water is your friend. Much cheaper and readily available. Ever try to find honey stinger at a concert? :)
Water is definitely helpful but water alone doesn’t replace electrolytes. That is the key to maintaining energy in extreme heat.

Back
Top Bottom