Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 9.01

So in reading Cliff's volume knob post regarding gain and volume, am I correct in thinking of the Gain Enhancer as a signal-level-based gain/drive increaser? i.e. based on the threshold and amount parms, as signal goes up, gain is added to the amp output?

I noticed more gain on the 59 Bassman & the 50 watt Plexi for sure. You don't "have to" reset the amp blocks to get the new default settings to load but I have found it beneficial on a number of presets just to get a fresh take on them or maybe clear out some "gunk" from old presets, many that were converted from the II. I did end up having to drop the input trim even more on the 59 & Plexi to get to where I was but I think it does sound & feel better.

Definitely a little more heat on some stock amp presets. Angry 59 Bassman for sure.
It's all good. :)

This is fun! I'm ready for 9.02 or even 10 baby! What's ya got up your sleeve next Cliff?!?!

Had a rip. it rips.

Haha on point as always! :D

I don't know if I enjoy the fresh firmware feel more or just your immediate kicking of the new tyres LOL!!!

As always, thanks for all the effort and making these videos which are not only helpful, but fun and really explore the depth of some features that most of us might not even know about, cheers mate!

Haha on point as always! :D

I don't know if I enjoy the fresh firmware feel more or just your immediate kicking of the new tyres LOL!!!

As always, thanks for all the effort and making these videos which are not only helpful, but fun and really explore the depth of some features that most of us might not even know about, cheers mate!

The good thing is, u like those emails, new FW delivers the goods!

How does the gain enhancer differ from just turning up the amp gain?

Quote from the first page of this thread:
Added “Gain Enhancer” mode to Amp block Output Compressor. This mode can be used to simulate the acoustic reinforcement of a loud amp coupling into the guitar and enhancing the output signal.

Back
Top Bottom