Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 9.01

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Fixed Amp block input drive network instability in rare cases when switching between certain presets.

Fixed some amp models can become unstable for certain combinations of Negative Feedback and high values of Speaker Impedance and/or Transformer Match.

Added “Gain Enhancer” mode to Amp block Output Compressor. This mode can be used to simulate the acoustic reinforcement of a loud amp coupling into the guitar and enhancing the output signal.

Thanks Cliff! Looking forward to trying the coupling simulation. Wait... Does this have anything to do with virtual reality?

Added “Gain Enhancer” mode to Amp block Output Compressor. This mode can be used to simulate the acoustic reinforcement of a loud amp coupling into the guitar and enhancing the output signal.

This is definitely a highlight for me.
I think i read somewhere that being in the same room as the loud amp also makes a mid boost of some sort. If so, Is it or can it be modelled too?

ooh, just tried the "gain enhancer" comp. feels amazing. probably wouldn't use it live, but would definitely use it when recording!

Yeah, wondering whether this is a recording-only feature, or if it can/should/shouldn't be used with a loud power amp and guitar cabinet, or even a loud FRFR cab.

Also, curious about the difference between this parameter and Output Comp: Feedback?

I've never used the output compressor before, looking forward to Leon's video - because in a five minute test, I'm blown away

Back
Top Bottom