Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 9.00 Public Beta

Is it just me or is there a dramatic reduction in CPU usage? My template that hovered around 82-83% is now sitting at around 68%.
I'm not seeing that here. Any chance your Reverb block auto-disengaged?

Funny how so many people think that the Axe is mainly used by and designed for Metal players when the responses to such queries are overwhelmingly from guys who don't play Metal.

You'd think it would sink in by now - The Axe Fx III is the top of the line amp modeler, meaning that any given amp is going to sound and respond like the actual amp.
It's probably because there are a lot of video clips of saturated amps going chug chug and/or blowing up & down scales. It's a bit harder to find great clips of clean or edge of breakup or good old classic rock tones i.e The Eagles or Steely Dan. Not just with Fractal products or modelers/real amps in general. They're out there, you just gotta dig a little harder. Marco is great at covering a lot of territory as is Anderton's Music to name just a few.

Double Verb WoW...

This new impedance control combined with the secret sauce that was just added = a "THAT's IT" moment!!!!

Putting the impedance control just under .7 on Clean amps and then adjusting the level up a bit on the amp out level does it for me...!

Hi to all... I can't find the setting about "Speaker Impedance" in AXE Edit III, in the Axe FX it's in the amp block, Power Amp page, but I can't find it in Axe Edit ???

Hi to all... I can't find the setting about "Speaker Impedance" in AXE Edit III, in the Axe FX it's in the amp block, Power Amp page, but I can't find it in Axe Edit ???
Because , as usual, axe edit has not been updated, it never is for a beta, only after final release. Go to the front panel of the III to see new parameters

Thank you for the info... as I have updated Axe edit to 1.03.05 yesterday, immediately after updating the Axe III to v9 beta, I thought Axe Edit was ready for v9.

Thank you for the info... as I have updated Axe edit to 1.03.05 yesterday, immediately after updating the Axe III to v9 beta, I thought Axe Edit was ready for v9.
Nope, Ax Edit doesn't update till the final release.

Just updated from 7. Huge difference in sound in my opinion. Carol-ann Tucana sounded so different that I had to totally redo the preset. The Bogner Blue amp sounded good before but now it really came alive in the top end it seems. Very impressed with this update.

Really happy with this update! The new power amp speaker interaction really seems to nail that woody response
when playing through an SS power amp and cab which I've been struggling with. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom