Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.01

Ah, then I'm not alone. Are you by any chance running a mono setup with the stereo spread in the rotary block set to 0 %?
Unfortunately not. Stereo setup. Approx 80% stereo spread. But I did wonder whether the new L, R, L+R sum options were somehow uninitialised? And therefore receiving half the input signal? Pure speculation tho.

Is it just me or does this firmware sound like it's quite compressed?
I couldn't see anywhere in the release notes that any global compression had been added to affect sound, nor can I imagine any reason to do so.
BTW, you can't 'hear' the firmware.....maybe it's just earwax :D

Is it just me or does this firmware sound like it's quite compressed?

How does firmware sound "compressed"? The firmware is just the operating system and the parameters that define the presets etc. You can't actually HEAR that, as far as I know. If the parameters have changed in some way, so that all presets have a compression block active, then yes, you'd be able to hear that. But apart from that, I'm not sure what you mean....?

I figured it was a joke, but also had a pretty good idea of what a compressed firmware sounds like. Check out a POD bean.

Loving 7.01 and the flexibility of the III. I had what was supposed to be an impromptu instrumental jam session Saturday and came equipped with only my guitar, III and CLR NEOs. Everything was great, until somebody wanted to sing. We had a mic, but no PA, preamp or mixer. o_O The power of Fractal saved the day in less than a minute or two. :D On the spot, I added a separate I/O signal path to my preset in Axe-Edit, ran the mic into the Input 2 in the III and ran Output 2 to one of my CLR NEOs. Everyone was impressed with the III and happy with the quality of sound - end of story. :cool:

My Axefx EDIT slowed down significantly after installing this update. It does not change patches right away and follow the unit like it used to. Any else experience this?

Back
Top Bottom