Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 7.01

Corrupt preset or IR perhaps? Does it occur at the same point every time?

No it had message timeout on the cab bank so I deflected the cab bank from the backup. I then had a message timeout on bank D

Weird ...

Its never done this before 7.01 and the backup for all presets and cabs worked fine just before I did the upgrade.

I'll try again later

I was literally struggling to get a stand in switch to behave properly when this firmware update popped up last night, and problem solved. 😃👍

So I'm curious. Now that the firmware is compressed, where/when does the decompression happen?

Is the firmware decompressed once at installation? Is it decompressed during the powering on process as it's loaded into RAM? Does the firmware just stay compressed internally, so now there's an increased CPU overhead because the firmware will from now on have to be constantly decrypted as its recalled for things like preset loading, etc?

So I'm curious. Now that the firmware is compressed, where/when does the decompression happen?

Is the firmware decompressed once at installation? Is it decompressed during the powering on process as it's loaded into RAM? Does the firmware just stay compressed internally, so now there's an increased CPU overhead because the firmware will from now on have to be constantly decrypted as its recalled for things like preset loading, etc?
There is no affect on runtime performance. The decompression occurs during bootloading.

Anyone notice a sound change in 7.01? I came form 7.0 & had quite a few hours on it. I noticed right away with 7.01 it was, for lack of better words, glassier, sparklier, clearer, all the above. I know it's not mentioned in the release notes so maybe an easter egg or total placebo effect. Either way, it sounds great!

Glad you said something! I updated this morning and I noticed at a high frequency crackling went away. That was my experience...

Just loaded the new firmware.

To echo Rex a couple posts above, thank you Fractal Audio for the excellent implementation! Firmware upload happened way faster than previous versions and as you said, running performance is unchanged.

At last nights gig, I noticed that the volume of my rotary block had dropped quite significantly. Has anybody else noticed this?

Back
Top Bottom